Massachusetts-Boston
Options

bridesmaids

I just got engaged and won't be getting married until summer 2014.  Is it too early to ask my bridesmaids?  I am not sure because some of them may be living out of state by the time I get married but they are very important to me.

Re: bridesmaids

• Options
    I would wait a year or so to ask your bridesmaids.  Friendships can change in a short amount of time.  If you lurk around the etiquette board, you'll see lots of examples of girls asking BMs early and wanting to "kick them out" later on.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto PP.... I would suggest waiting until a year or year and a half before at most, unless its family. I asked my sister immediately to be my MOH but I waited until 8 months before our date to ask everyone else, when I finally got around to picking dresses. Your thoughts might change as you start the planning process and once you ask someone to be in your wedding party, you really cant/dont want to change your mind.

I was actually suprised that some of my best friends (after a few drinks) asked me when I was going to ask them to be a BM! I just told them that I had been focusing on other wedding details and we werent going to choose our wedding party until a year before.
  • Options
    Congrats. I would definitely wait probably for a whole year at least. I'd say ask them maybe 8 mos out. Things change, especially if they may be moving.
  • Options
    I would wait till about a year out.

If you browse the wedding part board you'll see why waiting is a good thing!
  • Options
    I agree with the other ladies. For what its worth, my entire bridal party lives out of state so I wouldn't let that color the decision of who you ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards