Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

gazebo alter and seating idea help needed

this is the very large gazebo where our ceremony will be held. it is actually made of 3 gazebos that form a pyramid shape. each of the many sides are 10 feet long. the alter area is also over 10 foot wide. 

here is a flyer that has a more centered view of the gazebo...

2 things im asking advice about- 
1- what is a good alter idea? i love the vintage dresser like in this pic..(but a little smaller- its a long walk from parking area and gazebo, and dont want to lug a huge one that far)
A vintage dresser, refinished with mustard yellow paint, a hanging antique window and an iron chandelier formed the ceremony altar.

and i will be using the hanging candle aubra from the above pic or the hanging lantern idea (below) with pomanders  to hang a set of 
1-3 from the front sections and behind the alter. 

Lanterns hung by white ribbon from the branches of the tree beneath which Sabena and Kevin said “I do.”

the question i have is- will the dresser  be to much? or out of place in the gazebo? what have you seen or done with outdoor alters? 
.............................................................................................................................................................

the next question i have is seating. the info says it seats 60. but i do not think that it will seat that many for a wedding, so we will have over flow into the grass for seating. we have to rent chairs for there. there was a very small wedding held there and they rented white plastic lawn chairs, but all the guests were able to be seated in the gazebo it self. 

my question/concern is to allow seating for 80 and say 30- 40 fit in the gazebo, leaving the other 50 ish in the grass area in front. in order to give a more direct view of the elevated gazebo, and stay on the side walk for the isle i would have to make the "S" walk from behind and beside the grass area seating and then in front of them instead of beside them. is that ok or rude? i guess i would rather walk the s path and have guests see the ceremony then walk between the lawn seats and have them only see the backs of the guests in the gazebo. 

what do you think? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards