Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Ceremony and reception at same location

This question may have been asked just wondering if my ceremony and location are at the same place do i put that on the response card somehow,  we do have a website that says they are at the same place, but i know everyone has not looked at the website. do I put something on the response card stating that the reception will follow inside (our ceremony is going to be outside)
BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13 BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Ceremony and reception at same location

• Options
    My fiance and I have this same scenario. We are getting married outside and the reception is on the terrace of the loacation. We simple added "Reception to Follow on the "Venue" terrace.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm attending a wedding in the next few weeks where the ceremony is outside, and the reception inside.

The invite simply said: "Reception immediatly folloiwing the cermony"
  • Options
    We had our ceremony and reception same place.... on the actual invite we put the address as "spa terrace" for ceremony and then the reception to follow in "XXXXX ballroom" our reception card. 

• Options

I'm not doing response cards because I'm requesting phone RSVPs. Actually, RSVP is not even required really, but a call is fine.

Anyway, I had information postcards printed from Vista Print with the reception @ same venue, RSVP phone #, hotel block info, & some general driving directions.

• Options
    Reception to follow (or some variation) means the reception is at the same place as the ceremony. No need to indicate the venue again.
  • Options
    Hmm we have the address on the wedding invitation (ie: 2pm at xxx Rd, City, ME) and that seems enough. Maybe because it's a house address? haha. But otherwise people knew by word of mouth. I don't know, if I got an invitation with one address and no other info indicating locations, I would assume they are at the same place.

I did put on our wedding website that the reception will follow the ceremony inside the house but I think like 20% of our guests have even visited the site, haha.
  • Options
    Reception Immediately Following, either on the invite or the Reception card (not the RSVP) is all you need.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Squirrly is right.  The correct wording is Reception Immediately Following

You don't put a bunch of other words there.
    Just those words.
    Then everyone knows that they will go to the ceremony location and park and go in, witness the ceremony, and then the hosts of the wedding will show everyone exactly where to go next, etc.
  • Options
    We have "Reception to follow in the ballroom" and we also have a website that gives all the details.
    Our Wedding Day
  • Options
    thanks ladies  all your answers were very helpful
    BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13 BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards