Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

When different family members live in the same home

My FI's grandfather lives with his parents.  And my brother still lives with my mother.  Question is, do they get their own invitation or can we send one to everyone in the household if we list all their names on the invation?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When different family members live in the same home

• Options
    Adults get their own invites.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    How old is your brother?

• Options
    Ramiau3Ramiau3 member
    First Comment
    He is an adult (well sort of.)  22 years old.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, he gets his own, too.

• Options
    I sent everyone over the age of 18 their own invite.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I get your feelings about this exactly. I disregarded my guests' addresses and focused on couples and singles. It was just easier that way. 
    Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Glad someone asked this. I was wondering the same thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yeah, I'm glad someone asked this too.  I've always heard about adult children living at home get their own invites. 

My FI's grandmother lives with his uncle as do the uncle's 2 adult children (and one of them has a live-in gf) so we have 4 invites to send to the same house...yikes!  I really really hope they all arrive on the same day (mailing them from overseas) or someone's feelings might be hurt :(

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_different-family-members-live-same-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0425c0dd-4620-4828-a6a5-8aa2cb3e27d6Post:b8dd0f9d-a29f-43d8-bd10-9490ec3f3ee7">Re: When different family members live in the same home</a>:
    [QUOTE]so we have 4 invites to send to the same house...yikes!  I really really hope they all arrive on the same day (mailing them from overseas) or someone's feelings might be hurt :(
    Posted by TexGal76[/QUOTE]

One of the invites went astray during mailing, so one of FI's aunts (one of three girls) didn't get her invite the same day, and so went they all discussed how much they loved the invites, she's like, "OMG, am I not invited?" Of course, a phone call corrected the matter but it was a little frustrating. But don't worry, it will be okay in the end. (:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards