New York-New York City
Options

Hindu Temple Needed for Wedding Ceremony

Hi everyone,

I am a Hindu woman marrying a Catholic man.  We are performing both ceremonies in the same day.  We found a Catholic Church in Manhattan but are still looking for a Hindu temple.  We have a Hindu temple in Hicksville, Long Island, but it is going to be a challenge trying to get my 20-30 wedding guests to go from Long Island to Manhattan in one day. 

Does anyone know of small Hindu temple in Brooklyn or Queens that they would recommend?  We already looked at the Ganesh Temple, which didn't work out with our date. We are also considering the Hindu Community temple in Flushing.  Does anyone have suggestions for any other temples?

Thanks!

Re: Hindu Temple Needed for Wedding Ceremony

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding here http://www.ramakrishnananda.com/
    and it was beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, missed the Queens/Brooklyn thing.. The one I mentioned is in Manhattan.
    Have you considered having a bus to bring all your guests between locations? It may help ease the worry of losing anyone in transit.
  • Options
    NCJWNCJW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I can definitely hire a bus.  However, I just found out that the priest that I liked in Hicksville is moving this month to California, so now I really need to find a temple in the Queens/Brooklyn area.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Temple Upkar Sabha Mandir
    (718) 896-7039 

1927 Schenectady Ave
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Indian Wedding Photographers - Our rates are reasonable and our reasoning is priceless.

1-917-304-9878
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards