Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thank you cards - Opinions Please

We will be sending these to our guests along with a personalized hand written note.

What do you think?

Edit: a personalized thank you note has already been sent out to our guests but  we were debating on sending these too.

Re: Thank you cards - Opinions Please

• Options
    How long does it take to have them made?
  • Options
    Your wedding was a month ago.  I wouldn't wait around to have these made
  • Options
    We have already sent out hand written thank yous. We were waiting on our professional pictures to come and we were thinking about sending these as well since everyone is asking for a picture.

Sorry, should have mentioned that.
  • Options
    They can but a lot of people have been telling us we should have these made and they're really cheap since my mom will be printing them fom her work, so I wasnt sure.
  • Options
    If you've already sent your thank you notes, I really don't see the point in these.

The reason I asked is that some brides do the photo thank you cards and wait months for them to arrive.
  • Options
    If it is cheap and easy can you send ones of you with the guests you are sending them too? That would be awesome. I would appreciate a pic of me with the bride and my H or something more than a montage of you.
  • Options
    If you do send them, don't capitalize "thanks."
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    meaghan, thats a really good idea.

Edit: Maybe Ill just do collages for the guests who are asking for them.
  • Options
    Ah, I didnt even catch that Thanks was written like that. They havent bveen printed yet, since i wsa up in the air about these.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thank-cards-opinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:079e7b88-48ba-40f5-9fb0-167d20b38430Post:17f67557-1d37-45d0-ac77-09edd9f315a0">Re: Thank you cards - Opinions Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you do send them, don't capitalize "thanks."
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto.  It sticks out!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    They are cute, but they seem really AW-ish to me.  It would have been nice to stick them in with the TYNs, but to send it out later just seems excessive.  I'd probably just send a photo card like this at the holidays instead of randomly now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thank-cards-opinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:079e7b88-48ba-40f5-9fb0-167d20b38430Post:68c28cf4-a58d-4220-b21e-9b0d974c3e79">Re: Thank you cards - Opinions Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]They are cute, but they seem really AW-ish to me.  It would have been nice to stick them in with the TYNs, but to send it out later just seems excessive.  I'd probably just send a photo card like this at the holidays instead of randomly now.
    Posted by noodle_oo[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this.  I would think it was really wierd to get this after already getting a TY card, and that the couple just wanted to AW their pics.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards