New York-New York City
Options

reception venue ideas

Hi - i'm newly engaged and my fiance and i have just barely starting to figure out where and when we plan to get married. we both love central park. we had our first date there and even got engaged there. So that's definetly an option for the ceremony. I was wondering if anyone had ideas for where to hold the reception nearby afterwards. Cost is unfortunatly a big limitation for us, so the Essex house, Plaza (both right off the park) aren't an option for us. Any ideas would be great!! Thanks!

Re: reception venue ideas

• Options
    smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know the Boathouse is expensive but one way out with them might be to NOT do a dinner but a cocktail reception.  It brings the cost down.I also know that Tavern on the Green can work with you.  They have a small room and can offer different menus that might work out.  Give them a call.Also, there is a great restaurant I believe on 60th Street, between Fifth Ave & Madison -- Nicoles at Fahri -- I went to a dinner reception and it was lovely.  They close the restaurant for you and it was really pretty and the food was great.  And its close to the park!Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about here? This is one of the places I considered: http://www.landmarkonthepark.org/beautiful.html  
  • Options
    schleifetzschleifetz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the suggestions. i'll look in to some of the ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards