New York-New York City
Options

Bonnet Island estate reception

My fiance and I are knee deep in the search for the perfect place to have our wedding. We stated with destination/carribean and now are thinking LBI at the Bonnet Island Estate. Has anyone been in or attended a wedding here??

Re: Bonnet Island estate reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi KndI shot a wedding there last year... if you'd like Im happy to show you the slideshow from the wedding, in case that will help give you a better idea of the place.  I can also pass along my couple's email address for you... I love bonnet island, it is gorgeous and different!  I used to go to LBI as a kid and I remember that area before it was around, Im glad they made it into such a beautiful place!feel free to email me. staceyilyse at gmail dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BIE is hands down one of my favorite venues ever! Everything is perfection about it! The guests rooms, the chapel, the party room, service, food, etc, etc! Merry makers is the caterers there, and they used to let you use outside catering...not sure if they still do?? Its such an outstanding venue! I really don't think you can go wrong!!! Sigh...perefect!
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask on the NJ board too... a few girls over there have gotten married at Bonnet Island.  It is definitely beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sigh!  If you have it there, can I come??? :)
  • Options
    gorjushgorjush member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i went to a wedding there a few yrs ago and it was gorgeous. everything was extremely service oriented. i even lost a ring down their elevator shaft and they actually searched for it and found it- then mailed it to me. that really really meant a lot to me as a guest! it was over labor day weekend and the weather was incredible. their little chapel out back was very quaint and cute- and that waterfront location can't be beat.GL in your decision!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the feedback. We are going dwn to check the place out tmrw...It looks perfect for what we both want our day to be!!
  • Options
    kimtimkimtim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's really beautiful there!  my cousin got married there last october, and everything was really great.  It's also nice you get the entire place to yourself for the event!  I don't think you can go wrong there!
  • Options
    olomananyolomanany member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am attending a wedding there on Saturday.  We will be spending the weekend down in the area since we will be attending a cocktail reception Friday night, wedding on Saturday and brunch on Sunday.  Let me know if you want me to provide you with any information from this wedding.
  • Options
    olomananyolomanany member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was a bridesmaid at a wedding on Saturday.  The place is very pretty and everything went really well - food and service was great.  However, some things to keep in mind.  Summer months - On Saturday, it took one hour to go 5 miles.  I was staying at the Holiday Inn in Manahawkin and the traffic heading to LBI was just horrible.  So, you need to keep in mind the shore traffic.  The same holds true for Friday.  Depending on where you live, this will be a weekend trip for most people.  Again, in the summer many of the hotels have a two-night minimum and they are charging top price.  The Holiday Inn was the least expensive at $209 per nite.The ceremony location is very quaint - but it can get hot and there is no a/c. If you have a day that is hot and humid, it could get uncomfortable.  Also, it is not very big so many people will end up standing in the back or along the side.If your wedding is more than 150-175, it will be tight as far as the reception room.  My friend had around 180 and the tables were tight in the room.This place is gorgeous for a spring/fall wedding.  I would have second thoughts about a summer wedding unless most people didn't have to travel.
  • Options
    GonnaDoItGonnaDoIt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bonnet Island is gorgeous. If you are looking there you should also look at The Lake House Inn in Bucks County PA. It is the Country version of BIE and can accommodate up to 300. Good Luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Any thoughts on cost per person for bonnet Island...I understand that liquor is seperate, bar tenders, and than catering......going to look @ it this month and also the Mallard.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards