New York-New York City
Options

officiant help

I'm a little lost on how much an officiant costs in NYC...was quoted $1450 for a custom ceremony + pay for car service.  Does this seem high?  Does anyone have a recommendation on a good officiant in NYC?

Re: officiant help

• Options
    hollylfkhollylfk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Based on my research that does seem a bit high.  We paid about $700 for a custom ceremony and that included him getting to the venue.  We met with our officiant twice before the wedding and he was available from the moment we booked him (a few months prior) for any questions or guidance.  Check out Jesse Hendrich.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is beyond outrageous. try nymarriages.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is WAY high.. I think we paid 600 for ours and she did a custom ceremony and was GREAT. . and did not charge for car service and came from LI. . her name is pastor april . . you can google her  with pastor april and Long island .. I'll look for her website but don't have it on this computer. . think it's church of the ancient ways.  and we LOVED her
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's very high.  I had a Rabbi and Rev who came to Jersey and the cost for a custom service was $1900 and our ceremony was customized.  Mine were Rabbi and Rev Ross (they do work separately) revrograb2@aol.com or www.lovingheartsceremonies.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is way too high. My officiant cost $650.00 and drove himself at his expense from Long Island to New Rochelle. I was going to be married by a judge, but after not being able to locate him when we needed, about 2 weeks before the wedding I opted to hire a non-denominational reverend. I must admit that I was a bit nervous since I didn't meet him until the day of the wedding. I had put together my ceremony and Rev Nick's rendition of it was absolutely beautiful. Rev Nick Montanino 631-585-6611 in case you're interested.  Good Luck & Best Wishes. BTW he mailed the marriage certificate for us, which was great since you must do it within a certain time and we went on our honeymoon the next day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards