New York-New York City
Options

Brunch thoughts

Hi! Just wanted to get everyones thoughts about the day after brunch. It seems like a good idea in theory but my family is from NJ and his from westchester so I feel like a lot of people may not stay in the city and most people seem to scattered among 3 hotels. Does it still make sense to do one? If so who typically pays for it? Thanks!

Re: Brunch thoughts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a brunch the day after for people who stayed. We had abut 25 people come. My husband and I were planning n paying but my husbands parents ended up suprising us and paying
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really wanted to do a brunch the day after my wedding, and let me tell you I had a heck of a time finding a place willing to accommodate my large party. Mind you I have about 70 people coming, but Le Petit Un Deu Trois on 44th near 9th Ave turned out to e a dream to work with. It will be $15.00/person with a $200 returnable deposit to secure the reservation (to protect them and us.) There is a lovely garden space for parties 40 and under and the main dining room for larger groups. We can't afford to treat everyone so the are willing to do separate check per table so they can hash out the bill among themselves. Talk to Michele. If you tell her that the August 16th party of 70 girl sent you, she'll know it was me.
  • Options
    hollylfkhollylfk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a day after brunch which also happened to be Mother's Day.  We inivted just the immediate family (alot of our guests were from out of town so we decided to keep it small and special for our moms).  It was great to see the family the next day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we did the brunch for people who stayed in the same oot hotel we stayed in. it was about 35-40 people. it was very important to my mom so my parents paid.
  • Options
    MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a very simple brunch in the conference room of one of the hotels. We had it catered by a local bagel shop, and just had bagels, cream cheeses and cold cuts. The hotel already had continental breakfast for free, so they supplied us with our own coffee set up. And we just had it open for three hours, so people could come and go as they pleased (because it's hard coordinating a sit-down brunch when OOT people have flights to catch and such). The conference room rental was only $100, so even adding the food, the whole thing was really inexpensive. We paid for it ourselves, because both of our parents thought it was going to be a "waste of time and money" and no one was going to come. They couldn't have been more wrong - everyone came and it was my favorite part of the weekend - because all the stress of the wedding was OVER and I was finally able to just chill with my friends and family. Also, we had our guests between two hotels, so we had a shuttle leaving every hour to take guests to the hotel where the brunch was. Or they could just drive themselves.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is an unnecessary expense. No one expects it, so why add more to your To Do list?Sherryhttp://pinkcalyx.wordpress.com/jewelry-how-to-wear-it/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards