Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

NWR: WWYD

2»

Re: NWR: WWYD

• Options
    TiDa - Good to know, thanks! It makes me happy to get some outside confirmation that my masseuse is doin' it right. :)
  • Options
    I am a lurker but just wanted to chime in.I would recommend you see a chiropractor(even better if you have one you trust and experience results from). They, like a massage therapist, should do an assessment to let you know if it is something they can treat. I had a friend who went completely numb from head to toe after straining her neck cleaning out her closet. 9000 dollars in medical bills later(not including an MRI they wanted to do) and zero answers later, she went to a chiropractor and her symptoms are gone now(took her awhile...2 months I think for them to completely disappear) but only a week or two to where she could walk again without running into walls.I also had severe pain in my chest starting end of April and it progressed where I couldn't breathe deeply without pain. I went to the same chiropractor my friend above went to and I am painfree about 90% of the time now and it's been almost 2 months I think(continuing to dance 4-8 hours a week while getting adjustments severly stunted my progress though lol)Anyways, just wanted to put my story out there before you rack up some medical bills that may or may not get you anywhere.And as far as what I would do...I would go home and drown myself in drugs and booze :)
  • Options
    Wading, Sorry I was late on this.  I left work right after I posted.  I'd go with the anti-inflammatories for now, try a hot bath, to soak it a bit, and see if that helps.The only reason I'd tell you to see your doctor first is because if you came into my practice I'd have to charge you for the evaluation, and if it turned out to be something contra-indicated to massage, I'd feel bad for that (so I'd honestly waive the fee, but I'd be out the money that I oculd have made providing someone else with therapy).  I'd want you to rule out anything serious first.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the ideas.  Luckily, I'm in Canada so medical bills are pretty irrelevant.  I'm already paying for it, might as well use it :)Betrothed, I think I'll do what you suggested just because it involves a nice warm bath and doing nothing for the evening (so long as my parents don't call).

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    Warm baths are always nice :)  Throw in a few glasses of wine and you're golden (although not on top of anti-inflammatories).
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Got it.  Wine, THEN anti-inflammatories.I kid.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    I wouldn't be waiting that long for an appointment. I'd go elsewhere if I couldn't be fit in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards