Wedding Etiquette Forum

Gift Question

My mom actually asked me this and I have no idea what the proper response would be.  She keeps in contact with numerous old friends via email and has mentioned my wedding as they all update each other on their families, etc.  Most of these people I've not seen since I was very young and none of them are invited to our wedding.   However, one has asked where we are registered.  How would you respond?  I would never expect a gift from any of these people.  They know they aren't invited to the wedding.  I've offered to send this particular couple an invitation since we've had a few regrets, but my mom doesn't feel it's necessary as they live very far away. WWYD?Thanks!

Re: Gift Question

• They may not get you anything.  Sometimes people are just nosey.  Then judge you for picking an "expensive" store.  Thats why we registered at Macys and Sears. 
  • Mom should tell them where you are registered. You shoudl not send them an invite. If they send you a gift you send a very prompt and thankful thank you note  
  • Thanks everyone.  I thought that was probably the best option.  My mom just didn't want her to feel obligated to get us a gift. and yes...my sn does look like schlong...it's sort of a joke from my very first job.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards