Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Peonies in the fall?

So, even before I got engaged I was OBSESSED with peonies and I really want them to be a part of my September 2010 wedding. I want my bouquet to be peonies in all shades of white....the BM bouquets and centerpieces will probably be different flowers. I know they are expensive, but cost is not the issue here (my aunt is my florist and is doing them as a wedding gift...she said that she can defintely do them and they will be available.) I know that peonies are primarily a summer flower, so will they look out of place at my fall wedding? BTW - wedding colors are deep red, chocolate brown and ivory with gold accents. TIA!

Re: Peonies in the fall?

• Options
    They will cost an arm and a leg out of season.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    If it makes you happy then use them. No one is going to care about your flowers except for you.
  • Options
    As long as she can get them easily, go ahead and use them.  I would say 99% of your guests will never even know what type of flower it is or that it's a summer flower anyway.  Only brides obsess over stuff like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No, an ivory peony is always a beautiful classic.
  • Options
    I love peonies as well. Flowers never look out of place in any season. I think it will look fine.
  • Options
    My florist just suggested ivory peonies for my fall wedding. They look gorgeous and classic. I don't think you can go wrong with most ivory/white flowers for a wedding.Not many people know what flowers are in season when, or care, for that matter.
  • Options
    Peonies are blooming in our fall in the southern hemisphere.  However, I asked about getting them for my October wedding, and the florist said it might be too early.  They are usually ready around November.It doesn't hurt to ask, though.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Reading comprehension fail. I thought this was going to be about ponies.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ponies are also expensive.  Even in season.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Even before I was engaged, I was OBSESSED with ponies. Especially this kind: [img]<a href="http://www.vam.ac.uk/images/image/24467-large.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://www.vam.ac.uk/images/image/24467-large.jpg</a>[/img]
  • Options
    I used to like the ponies that smelled pretty.  I had one that smelled like strawberries.  They smelled like strawberry shortcake dolls.  mmm plastic and weird fruity smells.  They bring me back.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I have the same cherries tattooed on my arse.
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    That's hot, Val! I used to love smelly toys. My cousin had the Moss Man He-Man action figure and I stole him because he was furry and smelled like mildew.
  • Options
    Oh I bet that was intoxicating, Salt!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    RAWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!11! [img]<a href="http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/pjtessy/moss.JPG" rel='nofollow'>http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/pjtessy/moss.JPG</a>[/img]
  • Options
    hahaha! I love it!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    They will be very very very expensive but as long as aunt is ok with the cost and you are ok with costing your aunt an arm and leg it is fine and will look lovely
  • Options
    I don't think they look bad at all. I think it is weird that people feel the need to abide by the "theme" of the season. If I had a fall wedding (which I didn't but if I did) I would still do all of my colors and flowers exactly how I wanted them. Luckily, I live in Texas, so our seasons don't really change and we don't get "fall colors" here. Do what you love, and if cost is not an issue, then get the flowers you love for your bouquet.
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • Options
    It's always Spring somewhere.Don't remember where but we used peonies for late September wedding.
  • Options
    Hm I realize this is an old post...but maybe someone who can help will see this. How did you get the peonies for fall? I spoke to a florist and they told me it's impossible :(
  • Options
    I would start a new thread as the people involved with this thread are most likely no longer members/posting. Zombie thread mods
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards