Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Because I'm an idiot about babies

A two-month old would need a high chair, I assume?A 10 month old... high chair or booster seat?How about a 16 month old?And 2 year old??
Baby Birthday Ticker
Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w

Re: Because I'm an idiot about babies

• Options
    high chairsThe 2 year old may get away with a booster seat though
  • Options
    I would think everybody would be in a high chair except the 2 year old.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    sorry, 2 month old, notThey usually are in a carrier and their mom feeds them
  • Options
    I don't know if a two month old would be ready for a high chair yet.. it would probably just sit in its carrier or on mom's lap. I would go with a high chair for 10 month old and 16 month old, and a booster for the 2 year old.HTH.
  • Options
    My daughter is 2 and still uses a high chair. I wouldn't think most 2 year olds would be too big for one, but it would probably just be preference. My nephew hasn't used a high chair since he was about 1 but that's because my sister lets him run around with most of his food. Maybe ask the parents if possible?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Sidenote: I feel like you have been engaged FOREVER! ;) Glad that its almost here!
  • Options
    Ooh.. thanks! So the two month old... do I need to set aside any sort of seat or spot for her?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    2 month won't be able to sit up in a high chair, their parents will have a carrier I presume. 10 and 16--definately a high-chair 2 year old *might* be in a booster seat, but a high chair will still work. My twin godchildren will be 3 in September and they just started using a booster.
  • Options
    Two month old will likely be in a carrier next to mom/dad.... booster seats for everyone else should work. Maybe give your venue a plus/minus 1 on those numbers just in case.
  • Options
    For the two month old, if your tables are pretty full I would maybe leave a chair for the carrier. If everything is pretty spread out you might not need to, but you don't want everyone having to step over/around the carrier all night if it's crowded.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Haha NF, you talking about me? Believe me, I am SO glad I'm almost there! 3 weeks to go!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    2 mos is prob not in a high chair bc they're on formula/breast milk. 10 mos, high chair 16 mos, prob high chair, depending on size. 2 yr booster or nothing, depending on size.They also have these awesome high chair things that sit in the chair so they transition really easily to booster/table sitting. I don't have kids but I have 4 nieces and a nephew and this is about what they all did.  However, one of my nieces is insanely tall so she was sitting at the table when most are prob in high chairs, so that's my disclaimer on size.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ring pop: YES YOU!!! LOL
  • Options
    I worked at a dinner theatre before and we had to have a chair for every person.  So if the baby was left in their stroller, it would go where a chair would go.  And the carrier would go on the chair.  Fire regulation law.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    This has been très helpful, thanks all!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    We have an almost 2 year old (next month) and she can use either one.
  • Options
    I would call the parents about the two-year-old. My flower girl is 2 and a half, and she's still too tiny to fit into a booster seat so she uses a high chair. She wears 18-month clothes and is in like the 5th weight percentile, though, so she is TINY.Like everyone else said though--carrier for the 2-month, high chairs for the 10-month and 16-month. I've noticed that some restaurants have special things to put a baby carrier on, so maybe ask your venue? When we would take our friend's infant in her carseat/carrier to the Olive Garden, for example, they have folding things to put the carseat/carrier on so it's not on the floor. Most carseats/carriers can't fit on a chair IME.
  • Options
    2 month old would probably be in a carrier (which can either go in an upside-down high chair or rest on a chair). 10-month old & 16-month old both in high chair.  2-year-old most likely in a booster seat (although if we're talking putting a booster on a reception seat, that might not be all that sturdy (my son is 2, and I only really put him in a booster if it's a bench seat...plus keeping him contained in a high chair often makes life a lot easier).
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • Options
    If I was seating them at a regular table(which I assume you are), I'd give both the 16 month old and the 2 year old boosters. My daycare kids are between 14 & 23 months, and they all sit in boosters.
  • Options
    2 month nothing as they mostly likely would be in a carrier or in the parent's lap 10 month and 16 month high chairs 2 year old.. depends on the kid, I would call the parent to see as I've seen kids at that age in both.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'd have a chair for the 2 month old, so the parents can put the carrier on the chair.  Even better, have a high chair, it can be flipped upside down to make a secure place to set the carrier.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards