New York-New York City

Dreamlife Wedding Photography?

Has anyone ever used Dreamlife Wedding Photography?  I met with them and really liked their pictures and they're very reasonably priced, but I'm concerned that I can't find any reviews or feedback online.  They also sent me a blank contract and asked me to sign it and send it back, which I thought was a bit unprofessional.  I'd appreciate anyone's feedback (or if anyone has any other suggestions for photographers that are reasonably priced).  Thanks!

Re: Dreamlife Wedding Photography?

• mericherrymericherry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey, we went into meet them and felt the same way you do.  i did however, ask for references after our appointment and was told that their brides do not like to be bothered on the phone and that they would try to find me one.  that was 3 weeks ago. 
  • edited December 2011
    I DON'T recommend signing a blank contract.  If something gets left out, they might not be inclined to change anything and since your signature appears, you are out legally. If you have to, memorialize your conversation, terms, etc., and draft up your own contract.  Send it to them to sign first, then you'll sign. There are always at least a few brides that'll give references; this sounds fishy.  And if it's too good to be true....  GL.
  • lauren_mlauren_m member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.  I totally agree!  I'm an attorney, so they picked the wrong girl to try to have sign a blank contract!  ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Someone asked the same question on another board - someone who used the sister office in another country wasn't pleased.  Many folks also asked for references and never got them. I'd avoid and try to find someone else - just seems too good to be true. http://brooklynheights.weddings.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=60443726&forumid=114&MsdVisit=1
  • starbelystarbely member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked them and are walking away. Never produced references and we are scared of what will happen if we don't. We regret signing and paying the deposit (we were lulled in by the prices and went to their studio which seemed legit...). Hopefully we can get something back!
  • lauren_mlauren_m member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks starbely.  Sorry that happened to you.  :(  I agree---they had a beautiful studio, which makes you think that they must have a decent business.  Have you found a new photographer?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's definitely a lesson learned. I had done a lot of research on pricing for a bunch of photographers and we started with them because they were the cheapest. We are still looking for a new photographer and met with a few recently (definitely being more careful this time!).
  • edited December 2011
    You should check out Amy Prikazsky Photography She travels all over the US and is very reasonable www.amyprikazskyphotography.com I think I saw a special for 2010 for like $1700, 2 photographers, all day coverage, travel fee, and CD of all images released to you
  • edited December 2011
    I just sent through the request! Let me know what you think :-)
  • edited December 2011
    OMG I wish I had read this thread before today!  My fiance and I went to their studio today and looked at their albums.  The photos and albums looked so amazing and we too were happy about the affordable prices.  I never thought of asking for references though I have to admit I felt very uneasy about not finding any reviews online.  I mean what company doesn't have reviews?  Plus, you'd think brides would love nothing more than to gush about their wedding photos.  We didn't put down a deposit but we did sign a piece of paper which I guess was like a contract ... had our info on it plus the package that we chose.  Seriously regretting things right now and I'm wondering if we can get out of it.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TokidokiAngel- I'm pretty sure you have 3 days to cancel a contract in NY if you change your mind.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you starbely!  Last night I had my fiance read me the fine print on the paper we signed.  It said something to the effect that once we put down the initial deposit we've entered into a contract and that we were agreeing on a certian price for a particular package.  Luckily for us, we hadn't put down any money yet so based on the language in the fine print I don't think we were entered into a contract with them.  I'm still going to contact them though and tell them that we've changed our minds.  I spent all day yesterday trying to find a new photographer.  Like everyone else, we're definitely being more careful this time around and asking more questions.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome! I know the feeling since we had the exact same thing happen (buyer's remorse!). We felt like we just couldn't chance things not working out. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    My pictures came out wonderful. The photographers made us at ease and made our day everything we could have imagined.  We have had nothing but excellent customer service and do not regret booking or going with Dreamlife Wedding Photography.  Our Photographers were Kathy and Bernie-they were top notch and Emma, the coordinator was helpful and accomodating with our every request.I would recommend this company to anyone. Cheryl
  • edited December 2011
    We hired them and we like their service a lot. It is very reasonably priced, and I LOVE their photos. We had our engagement session already and loved the photos, our photographer was Kathy, and she was very nice! Cheryl, I am happy that you had a great experience with them too, I can't wait to see my wedding photos with them. Do you mind to share some of your photos with us? Nancy
  • edited December 2011
    I will share some photos! I just have to figure out how to do it when I get home :-) 
  • Lauren1013dLauren1013d member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cheryl I am glad I find this post. I booked with them but haven't started anything yet, kinda wanna do the engagement shoot next spring. But I really wanna see your wedding photos! Hope they are great.
  • edited December 2011
    I uploaded a few to my flickr account. Hope yu can see them -tey are awesomehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/44192945@N08/?s
  • kemseyellekemseyelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Michele and Cheryl, I booked with them too, but I am looking for suggestions for the engagement shoots in the city, where did you go? I want to catch the leaves in Central park, or very city look photos. Any suggestions?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,We took our pictures in Grand Central, outside the Empire State Building (where we got engaged), and random shots on our walk from the Empire State Building to Grand Central.  Michelle took all hers, that I have seen, in Central Park-they came out gorgeous.  Michelle's wedding is tomorrow so she may not answer you readily.  Hope this helps!Cheryl
  • BertNCherylBertNCheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually just about to sign with them too, and I'm so skeptical, as you have mentioned, I too couldn't find any reviews about them except for this thread! Nancy, would you mind sharing your engagement photos? I live in Vancouver, but I'm getting married in NYC next September. The price is quite good, and they said its a special and if I don't hand in my deposit of $1000, I'll lose out on a good deal. Its hard to know especially since I can't go to their studio!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to say that, even though we decided to not use Dreamlife, we did get our deposit money back. It was much appreciated. It seems like there are new people there (such as Emma, who seems very nice) and they are giving better customer service.
  • edited December 2011
    It saddens me to have to write such a poor review for Dreamlife. Upon viewing their website, they have wonderful wedding photos for a great price. When my fiance and I met with one of their associates, the experience was pleasant. HOWEVER, the biggest issue we had was responsiveness as it took WEEKS for them to respond to us. Months later we decided to give them the benefit of a doubt and scheduled our engagement session. When we met with them again, much of their policies have changed. We had our engagement session and once again... we had to constantly follow up with them to get our photos. This company employs a pool of photographers (if you don't like Bella Studios, don't use this one) and yet, only has two people in their studio who cannot return messages/emails. We finally got their photos and it was a tremendous amount to add the same treatments ($20/photo) to some photos as we saw on their website. It has been since Dec 10 and they still have not followed up with us regarding how things went, etc. We have now signed with a fabulous photographer who does not charge anything to add treatments (different from retouching). In fact, he showed us on his MacBook the simple click that photographers do to vary the backgrounds, etc. It definitely should  not be $20
    Tanvier Peart
  • Tanvier Pear, who did you end up signing with?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards