Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: Could an Obama attempt happen?

• Options
    Of course it could happen, and yes I'm scared too.  People are crazy, especially when it comes to religion and politics.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It would be less likely if he'd stop pre-empting prime time television.
  • Options
    He needs a bubble car.
  • Options
    It would be less likely if he'd stop pre-empting prime time television. If someone shoots our President because they missed the last half of Law and Order, I will lose all hope for our country.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    I volunteered for the campaign during the primary. (If you got any of those annoying phone calls, you're welcome.) People said some crazy stuff. So, yeah it could definitely happen. Also, I love the rag mags that say he is both gay, and that Oprah is leaving stedmen for him. Can it really be both?
  • Options
    It would be less likely if he'd stop pre-empting prime time television. This is why I stick to cable.
  • Options
    i'm not a fan, but i sure hope nobody is crazy enough to do it. there are some nutjobs out there.
  • Options
    He needs a bubble car. Barackmobile.  He should fit it out with spinners and some sweet hydrolics.Seriously though, there are some BSC people out there that are furious that a black guy is the leader of our country.  I'm a lot more worried about our President getting shot than I have been ever before.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    You seem to be disturbed by a citizen exercising his Federal and State right to have a firearm and display a sign of protest. You are the fear monger here. Honest law abiding citizens exercising their rights and you bring up assasination and crap. Not all gun owing conservatives are nuts just as not all Muslims are terrorists. Your fear of honest law abiding citizens is scare mongering. Yeah, that.
  • Options
    I can't get to the website - is someone holding a gun and an anti-Obama sign at the same time?

• Options
    FI and I were just talking about it... it's frightening to think about. That conversation spouted from talking about "where were you" when: - Sept. 11 happened - Princess Di died - when you found out MJ died - JFK My parents and most people who lived in the JFK era remember EXACTLY where they were, who they were eith, how they found out, etc.
  • Options
    [i]Barackmobile. He should fit it out with spinners and some sweet hydrolics.[/i] I love this.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Seriously though, there are some BSC people out there that are furious that a black guy is the leader of our country. I'm a lot more worried about our President getting shot than I have been ever before.Although I agree with this, I also think a lot of people are pissed off at the direction his politics are heading.
  • Options
    taking, heading?
  • Options
    Can I post in this thread, or will my gun pics get me banned again?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone, post-JFK, who thinks any US president is safe, is out of touch with reality, IMO.Granted, a lot of potential assassins have been waaaay out of touch with reality. (shooting Reagan to "impress Jodi Foster" anyone?)
  • Options
    Although I agree with this, I also think a lot of people are pissed off at the direction his politics are heading. I agree, but I think if he gets shot it will be by someone that finds him distasteful personally, not because of his politics.

• Options
    His politics are quite frightening. I wish he would be more about the politics of dancing. The politics of ooh, feeling good.
  • Options
    I can't get to the website - is someone holding a gun and an anti-Obama sign at the same time? A guy is exercising his 2nd amendment right to bear arms--the gun is in plain sight (i.e., not concealed, which would be illegal) and the police cheif, owner of the property, and police are all aware of his presence.  He has a sign but I didn't see what it said. 
  • Options
    A guy is exercising his 2nd amendment right to bear arms--the gun is in plain sight (i.e., not concealed, which would be illegal) and the police cheif, owner of the property, and police are all aware of his presence. He has a sign but I didn't see what it said. I didn't ask that.  I asked if he was holding a gun and an anti-Obama sign at the same time.

• Options
    Is he holding a gun?  No, it's strapped to his leg.I don't know what the sign says, sorry. 
  • Options
    Nugget:The man is carrying a sign that says, "It Is Time to Water the Tree of Liberty." That's a reference to a Thomas Jefferson quote: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants." It was a favorite slogan of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh, who was wearing a T-shirt when he was arrested with a picture of Lincoln on the front and a tree dripping with blood on the back.
  • Options
    I'm a lot more worried about our President getting shot than I have been ever before.yup. it's frightening, to say the least.
  • Options
    -Princess Di died - when you found out MJ diedI can't believe those were uttered in the same breath as "where you were during 9/11" or "where you were when JFK died". seriously.that's like adding "where were you when you found out Britney and K-Fed broke up" to the mix.
  • Options
    "where were you when they built that ladder to heaven?"
  • Options
    ffs poet, I didn't mean for it to sound like that... it was just a conversation about "where were you when this happened" I am quite aware that MJ's death and 9/11 are two completely different things.
  • Options
    Seriously though, there are some BSC people out there that are furious that a black guy is the leader of our country. I'm a lot more worried about our President getting shot than I have been ever before.This always annoys me.  If his Dad is black and his mom is white, why is he black?
  • Options
    This always annoys me. If his Dad is black and his mom is white, why is he black? Because it sells more newspapers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards