New York-New York City
Options

wedding band recs?

I'm getting married next fall in NJ, and we're looking for some band recs.  Ideally, we'd like a band that plays a mix of pop, rock, swing, motown, 80s, and some slower songs as well. We're looking to keep it under $10,000, but most important to us is that everyone is on the dancefloor the whole night!Thoughts?thanks!

Re: wedding band recs?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hank Lane Bands always get rave reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you shouldn't have a problem keeping under that budget depending on how many pieces you want. I used NYC swing. they were great. I think the best band I've seen at a wedding was Starlight Orchestras Rebecca blake band. they are amazing!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tribeca Rhythm from Jerry Kravat. They were AMAZING!!!!!! They were the biggest hit of the entire wedding! I have never seen so many people on the dance floor! Richard, the lead singer, is phenomenal!!! We went with an 8 piece (male & female singer) and it was under $7k. Seriously, they were so fantastic!!! People asked me if they were an actual wedding band or if I had seen them live somewhere...they're that good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    p.s. their website clip doesn't come close to doing them justice!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Leonardo Performances - I haven't seen them but they were recommended to me. They're located in central/southern Jersey. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These are a few incredible bands that I highly recm'd:1)  Cafe Wha? Band2)  Vali Music3)  Craig Scott4)  Rhythm Shop
  • Options
    kriserinkriserin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Vali Music as well.  We're using them for Dec wedding and my sister used them 4 years ago and they were a huge hit!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Jerry Kravat, although Tribeca Rhythm was booked for my date, they let me create a custom mix of musicians so we could have music to please everyone (my FFIL is a native New Yorker and likes jazz, my family is Puerto Rican and loves salsa, FI loves motown).  So far, they seem very easy to work with and they are relatively budget friendly for a live band, in the 7K range depending on how many musicians you want.  Also, they can provide musicians for your ceremony and cocktail hour.
    April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Pic
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are using Harris Lane (hank lane's son who now runs the company).  we have been to a wedding with them and they were great.  it's important to michael that everyone is on the dancefloor all night also, they are really good at that!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • Options
    MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Caleps - absolutely amazing. We never sat still the entire night: http://www.caleps.com/index.php?doc_id=11
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I responded to this post on the NNJ board, I think, but we had The Michael Hart Band from Hank Lane and were very happy. www.hanklane.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Rhythm Shop  was our band and I LOVED LOVED them. . seriously everyone was dancing the WHOLE time ..my photgrapher even blogged about them.  They are out of NJ too.  They played everything I wanted and more and were out and about mingling with people and dancing singing etc. . they were the one thing I just wanted to be perfect and even when i had a financial crisis and knew I should cancel them I kept them and am so happy I did!   okay rave over ;)
  • Options
    susjon08susjon08 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used 747 Orchestra and they were awesome! The dance floor was packed and they certainly know how to keep people dancing all evening. They never took a break747Orchestra.com
  • Options
    lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Soul Revival and they are awesome!!! They play all the music that you mentioned and are so good. Their website is: www.soulrevivalband.com HTH!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards