New York-New York City
Options

cake pricing/Abigail Kirsch cakes?

what are some standard prices for cakes in the outer boroughs? FH and i went to see an Abigail Kirsch venue yesterday where the cake is included, and i want to be able to compare what's included to pricing if we got things from all diff. vendors.  And if you've eaten her cake, what did you think? i absolutely hate fondant (i stopped eating glue in grade school) so i had hoped to get a cake kind of cake, not a sculpture.so many decisions...

Re: cake pricing/Abigail Kirsch cakes?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Most cakes start around 6 dollars on the low end per person, but more realisticly I think you could spend 10/person.  Sylvia Weinstock and Ron Ben Israel average between 20-27 dollars per person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I felt similar to you about our wedding cake. Husband and I do not like fonant and it was really important that our cake tasted great. We got married at Tribeca Rooftop and the cake was included. They get their cakes from Audreybakes.com Not only was our cake beautiful(very modern, squares placed on top of each other all different directions-if that makes sense)...but everyone keeps telling us till this day that it was the best wedding cake they have ever eaten. We even ate a small piece of the frozen cake top on our 6 month anni and it still tasted awesome! Not sure of their pricing but I would def call them! Very yummy!
  • Options
    kriserinkriserin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too do not like fondant and am having my cake all buttercream. Deborah Lauren from City Sweets and Confections has been great so far. The tasting was delicious and she did a few different sketches for us with different price points starting at $7.25. She is definitely on the lower end of cost, another baker I meet with was $11/slice for the same design.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    great--thanks for the info!
  • Options
    esuvakesuvak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Lulu Cake in Scarsdale.  It was 7.25 per slice and the cake was sooo delicious.  But keep in mind with the fondant that you don't actually eat it - they'll take it off before they cut and serve to the guests, so you'll still have a layer of buttercream frosting that you eat. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should find a baker that does butter cream and doesn't try to persuade you into fondant. Caterers will not take off the layer of fondant before serving.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards