New York-New York City
Options

lounge help??

hey everyone! i've been on the site for a while but i've recently started going through the boards. didn't even know this was here! lol anyway! we're having a casual wedding of 125 and more than likely will turn out to be less when we finalize the list. we're not into the whole 4 course sit down meal. we would like to have an intimate atmosphere and want everyone to be comfortable. i think a lounge would be ideal but have not had much luck.. i have found through the site maybe 2 (Providence and Taj Lounge) i have yet to check them out but anyone know any more. anything possibly under $100 pp? One of the lounges actually is about $75 pp so it's not totally impossible! lol any help at all would be greatly appreciated! :) my fiance is currently deployed and stationed in texas anyway so this is a bit overwhelming for me :( so thanks in advance

Re: lounge help??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Helen Mills.
  • Options
    jbwed1jbwed1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are some of the places we were interested in when we were thinking about going with more of a lounge feel for our reception. Our group was going to be VERY small however, and some of these locations had minimum food cost requirements, that didn't make sense for a small party like ours...however they would if you were having a party of around 50-100. I'll be honest, you'll have to check on prices b/c it was awhile back, and I can't recall. But this will get you started at least I hope... Thom BarA/60 Rooftop TerraceBaboucheThe Park (several different rms for different size parties)PrannaGramercy Park Hotel (enclosed rooftop or outdoor area)The Gansevort (outdoor area/rooftop)The Bubble Lounge230 5thPink ElephantWe looked at Taj too I believe, and BuddakanAlso, you may want to check out the Mandarin - they have a lobby lounge/ mobar that might work for your party.The Library Hotel (might be too small for your group?)I had a LONG running list of all the places I'd contacted...and now I can't find it! I'll be sure to post though if I come across it...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you are amazing!! thanks so much :) i have written them down and will be sure to check them out.. thanks to both of you again!
  • Options
    jbwed1jbwed1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm still frustrated with myself though b/c I KNOW I have a long list (longer than that...) somewhere within my email LOL - I'm still on the lookout for it!
  • Options
    jbwed1jbwed1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok..now I got 'em! Here are some more - and again, some may be totally out of price range...it really depends on how much food you are going to serve, etc. But maybe it will help Ava lounge Lotus Club Thor (the hotel on rivington) Top of the Tower Ayza Wine Bar (may be too small) Hudson Terrace Megu 101 Riverviews Me Bar The Maritime Hotel (can't recall the name of the restaurant within...)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you're the best!! seriously, thank you SOO much! i really appreciate what you've done. btw from the first list i fell in LOVEE with pranna! :) i have yet to go and check it out, but the pictures looked amazing. they were all beautiful but that one just took my breath away. thanks a bunch again!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards