Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Potential Sister in Law

I'm currently engaged and am trying to plan my wedding.  My fiance and I are interested in having a destination wedding.  Problem is, I cannot stand being around my fiance's brother's girlfriend, who will sadly probably soon join and ruin what was such a nice family. She's such a stereotypical blond...bleached blond hair, over-done fake boobs and dumb as a brick, not to mention tons of layered make-up. I suppose one would find her attractive if they also preferred the look of cheap strippers. Everyone realizes how dumb she is and wishes he would find someone else. At least someone more intelligent.  Unfortunately, his type seems to be your typical stripper---bleached blond hair, fake boobs and the lack of a brain. I'm pretty sure he will-sorry, the thought makes me want to throw up a bit in my mouth-propose to her sometime soon. Problem is, I do NOT want her at my wedding, especially if it is destination.  I have no desire to see her before my wedding, not would I want her to attend my wedding or reception. Can anyone provide me with any advice as to how to nicely not invite her to the destination wedding and following events?  It seems like such a waste to blow so much money on a guest I utterly dislike, to put it mildly.

Re: Potential Sister in Law

• Options
    I'm confused, what's the real reason you don't you like her?  Because she's ugly and dumb?  Well, so what?  What has she done to you?  And what could she do that would ruin your wedding (other than being ugly and dumb)?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Excluding her and making a scene is a GREAT way how to start your married life together and fit in well with the entire family! You're a peach.
  • Options
    I also do not like my fiance's brother's girlfriend. As an adult, I know that in order to keep peace I know I must be civil around her since she never really did anything to me directly. I also know that I have no choice but to invite her to our wedding and to be perfectly honest, there will be 100+ people there and I don't plan on worrying for one second about socializing or entertaining her.This is one of those situations where the "big girl panties" might come in handy...
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    You seem awfully obsessed with what she looks like.  I get not liking her personality, but your entire post is focusing on her appearance.  Hmmmm.

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    Do you have any basis for disliking her other than that she's blonde, has big boobs, wears makeup, and isn't a genius?  It sounds like you're being really superficial and judgmental.  There are plenty of non-genius blonds with makeup and titties that are perfectly nice people.  Sounds like you're judging her unfairly.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Brie - I don't like you because you have an awesome rack.  You're not invited to my wedding.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    You'd really hate my sister, then.  Blonde, skinnier than me and with a slightly more awesome rack.  There are some ridiculous pictures of her on FB from graduation.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Psh, we all know that skinny blondes are strippers and are dumb.  I feel bad for your sister.

• Options
    She's dumb and looks like a stripper therefore you think you're justified in not wanting to invite her?
  • Options
    I think you should march right up to your future brother in law and tell him his future wife isn't invited to his brothers wedding because she is a slutty tart.  Then report back to us as to what happens next. 

• Options
    Nono, eastie, she needs to videotape it and post it on YouTube.

• Options
    What a b1tch.  She's BLOND?  The nerve.
  • Options
    So glad I'm a brunette.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    Ok, I'm a stripper and wear a lot of make up and am also dumb as a brick, but I'm dark haired.  Does that make me good or bad?  I'm not sure of the rules.  Help a (whorebag) sister out here Msalrb and give me the skinny. 

• Options
    I'm going to assume that either A) this is a troll post, or B) you are a craptastic b*tch and your fiance's family probably feels the same way about you that you feel about this girlfriend. I'm really hoping that it's A.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    Yeah I noticed how you have not a single word to say about her being a biitch or having done something to you.  Sounds like good old fashioned jealousy disguised as a condescending judgement. People shouldn't be judged by their looks in any way.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well you aren't invited to my wedding because you are mean and sound jeleous of her awesome boobage.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    clearly you have not been lurking long enough to know how knotties would respond to this.
  • Options
    Blonde, big-busted Mrs B is sitting in her living room sipping coffee when the phone rings........BBBB:  Hello?Stripper Girlfriend:  Is Judgy McJudgerson there?BBBB:  Hang on a sec               handing phone to OP It's for you.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Wow, you sound perfectly charming yourself.
  • Options
    You sound like an uppity a$$hole. So because she does not meet YOUR standards of beauty and itelligence, you want to write her off? Are you like a teenager? There is no nice way to not invite her to your wedding. Grow the fukc up.
  • Options
    I will not comment on the fact that you are obviously a jealous judgemental biitch, because PPs have pretty much already said everything that I would say. I will, however, give you the etiquette on this situation: Your FBIL's choice of a wife is his own, no one elses; not yours, not your FI's, not his parents; no one's. Fact is that at the end of the day, he's the one that has to lay in bed and kiss her goodnight. If he would rather kiss collagen enhanced lips and size quadruple D boobs, then that is HIS choice, and his alone. As for excluding her from the wedding, that's a no go. FBIL is invited - he has a LTR with his G/F, This is defined as a "social unit." Social units CANNOT be split apart, regardless of how much you hate one half of a unit. This rule applies double for DWs. You can, however, choose not to invite either of them, but that would be setting yourself up to be the hated daughter in law of the family, and probably not the best way to start out your married life. Suck it up and get over yourself.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm blonde, 5'3" and weigh 115... ... but my boobs are only a B-cup. Does that mean you'll still like me?Or am I going to be kicked out of your thread?

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I really don't like you....you suck.
  • Options
    Allison? Is that you? You don't want me at your wedding?! Seriously, from the sounds of you I doubt she even wants to go.
  • Options
    right, because every girl with light blonde hair and big boobs (real or fake) is stupid and dumb and doesn't deserve to be part of your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • Options
    Technically she is not engaged, or living with bil so technically she does not need and invite. But they are a long term relationship and most liekly bil shoudl and would decline if she is not invited and that would huirt your fi . Letr fi decide it is his family. you can ignore her
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards