Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Service Charge? Tip needed?

My venue does all decor and catering in house and they charge a 21% service fee on ALL services (food, decor) except rental fees.Do I need to tip on top of this?
PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday

Re: Service Charge? Tip needed?

• Options
    I would expect a service charge (esp. one as steep as what you mention) to be in lieu of a tip.  I might check with the staff to make sure that they actually receive the tip though - there are unfortunately far too many employers who charge high service charges, and pay out much less to their employees.
  • Options
    It depends on the vendor.  My reception hall had service charges and then had a different line on the invoice for gratuity.  If it's not clear ask.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Ditto agk, it depends on venue.Our place had a service charge and then they suggested a tip amount that was about 5%.  We went with what they said.They also said that the service charge was to pay the staff, fwiw.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards