Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Hand Writing addresses on STD Postcards.. tacky or ok?

I think the subject says it all. I would like to handwrite the addresses on my postcard STDs. However, I dont want them to be tacky. Is it tacky to handwrite them and not have them professionally done? Or would you be ok with one. Oh and btw, I have OK handwriting and hopefully it wouldnt look like a 5 year old wrote them out . :)

Re: Hand Writing addresses on STD Postcards.. tacky or ok?

• Options
    Thanks in advance btw!! :)
  • Options
    Hi,  I handwrote my STDs, invites and placecards:) Don't worry about handwriting STD postcards, it's no big deal I promise!!Jessica
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I handwrote the addresses for the STDs.  I don't think that people have any expectations at all for the way STDs are addressed as long as they are written nicely enough that it doesn't impede delivery.  Get 'em done!  It is a great "check." That said, out of the 59 STDs we sent out on August 5, we only received one back--yesterday.  It took an entire month to determine that a piece of mail was "undeliverable?"  Really? 
  • Options
    You can totally hand write your save the date addresses. STDs are not a bid deal - I wouldn't do it for your invites, but... :)I have really pretty handwriting too, so I felt comfortable with it. I used a black, felt tip pen and wrote my addresses in cursive. They came out really pretty. A lot of people couldn't believe I had actually written them out myself. You can definitely make it look nice. :) GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the awesome responses! I'm excited to get them addressed and out and off my to-do list! :)
  • Options
    I hand wrote both my STD and Invitations.  It was not even a cost issue for me. I has the money, I just did not see the need.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    It took an entire month to determine that a piece of mail was "undeliverable?" Really? I had 2 of my wedding invitations come back days before the wedding even though I sent them out 8 weeks out.Oh and I had two RSVP show up days after the wedding even though postmark was 6 weeks eariler.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I handwrote my invitations--my handwriting is nice, but nothing to write home about (ha. ha.) Used a pink pen to match the accent color of the invites and I think they looked very nice! I say go for it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did exactly that...handwritten addresses on my save-the-date postcards and everyone loves them, no one will even notice whether or not you do handwritten or professional.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards