Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Reasons why others are crappy people.

Just because I have a gripe.  My FI's father suggested that we should put our kitty down instead of spending money on vet care to find out if she has cancer.  She is three years old and is in perfect health as far as quality of life goes.  They don't even know if it IS cancer, it was just for tests and screenings to find out because something is off with her liver during routine tests.  It could be as simple as an infection.  It was 400 dollars.  My dumbf*ck of a FFIL suggested we put our beloved cat to sleep over FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS.  Next time his dad gets the flu, I'm going to suggest we just have him put down.  Idiot.  So...who else in your life is making you want to ram your head into a wall?

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."

Re: Reasons why others are crappy people.

• Options
    Mandy that turned my stomach....
  • Options
    I found out a girl I used to work with had a baby a couple years ago. She also has a 14 year old daughter.On her 14 year old's birthday last year she and her husband (who is not the 14 year old's dad) didn't give her daughter a card, gift, or cake. After they went out for dinner, they went back to their house and they made her bathe the baby on her birthday. When she was 12 they made her pay for her own winter coat.They are crappy people. Really fuucking crappy. Please tell me that's a joke mandy.
  • Options
    My cousin is a total piece of crap.When we got engaged, I sent an e-mail to family members I'm not super close to.  She asked to see the ring, I replied that we hadn't gotten one yet.  Her response was, "Well, I guess it's cool that you get to pick out your own ring.  Just don't let him cheap out on you since you already said yes."She wonders why she's not a BM in the wedding and my other (totally awesome) cousin is.  She "conveniently" picked up a tuxedo for her kid who will be almost two at our wedding because she has these lofty ideas that he'll be the RB, even though nobody's said anything to her.  This kid is an unusually cranky and shy/serious toddler and would not do well in a wedding, and I definitely think that under 2 is too young anyway.Yesterday she and my mom and aunt went to a craft fair.  She mentioned that her kid had broken a really nice ceramic utensil crock my mom had gotten her at said fair a few years ago becasue she let him play with it.  My mom asked if she'd like a new one for Christmas and she said yes.  My mom buys it, intending to put it away and wrap it for Christmas.  After the fair, my cousin turns to my mom and says, "We're heading out--do you have my crock?"  My mom informs her that she'll be wrapping it up and she'll have to wait, and she throws a huge biitch fit about "WTF am I going to do with all my utensils until then!"  My mom told her she maybe should have thought about that before she let her toddler play with it.She's a peach.  Phew, that was cathartic.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Wow, Mandy.
  • Options
    I'm getting more and more annoyed with the Europeans I know who go on a vacation to the US and then do nothing but biitch about having to tip the servers, how bad the coffee is, how all Americans are fat, blah blah blah.If you hate it that f*cking much, stop going there.  This is your third trip in a year.  Otherwise, STFU.
  • Options
    I will make a detour on my vacation, just to go kick Eastie's FI's dad in the nads.
  • Options
    East, that's terrible.  My father spent over $1,000 on our cat, who had cancer, in operations trying to keep him alive.  He passed away in the end, but my father said he'd never be able to live wondering "what if."My FFIL, for the way he treats his sons.  As if they don't exist.  End of story.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    My in laws are assholes, and im starting to realize how far back it goes. I found out yesterday that my husband isnt overtly affectionate because no one was ever affectionate with him growing up and never had anything nice to say about him so it doesnt come as naturally to him as it does to me. Hes a great person and his parents do nothing but critisize him and comment on how he SHOULD be living, yet think the world of his 2 dead beat siblings who are absolute fuuckups in life. They never have anything good to say about him or us, and I really hate them for how they treat my husband. He has no desire to talk to them or visit them, and that makes me a little sad even though i hate them.
  • Options
    Newbie reporters who think it's their life's calling to impress the boss, at my expense. Our newspaper covers three towns - Innisfail, where the paper is located, Penhold and Spruce View. This paper and our four other "sister papers" all contribute to a regional newspaper, for which I am the education reporter. So a few weeks ago I get a call from the new editor for our regional paper saying, "I don't need any more education stories this week." I said, "Pardon? I do education stories every week, it's my BEAT. As in, my JOB. I don't write anything else for this paper and haven't for the last year and a half." He says, "Oh, well the new girl is going to do a story on technology within the school division." So I called this biitch that's trying to scoop me, only to find out the story she thinks is BIG NEWS I have written about all ready. Put a check mark beside that one, chicky, I've all ready done it. But thanks for checking up on my spectacular progress. :P Today, I open up our regional paper to find a story she did about Penhold. WHAT!!?? Is she some kind of f'ing moron?? This newspaper covers that town. Her paper covers her town, our paper covers our towns. WHY is that hard to understand? The boss is going to be really impressed when I kick ion her teeth, let me tell you. She all ready made me mad because she has compromised my sources with the school division by running rampant and doing a BAD job on a recent story and now she's swooping in on stories that aren't even hers?? In this job, for this group of papers, when we hear something about another town that is story-worthy, we call that town paper and let them know. That's what she should have done. Instead, she's just pisssed me off. Again, biitch.
  • Options
    Well, hello there fellow Albertan.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    Right now I think the entire customer service department at Sprint is full of crappy people - I've been arguing with these people for the past month regarding our bills and mysterious "data usage" charges that keep appearing on our bill every month - they keep telling us they are "investigating it and it's an accounting error on their end" but they don't fix it and they keep demanding we pay the entire wrong bill every month.  If it wasn't for the damn fact that our contract isn't up till 2011 I would just cancel the stupid thing... these people are making my blood pressure go up >.<
  • Options
    East- So very sorry to hear about your kitty- I hope she is given a clean slate of health. As you know, we lost our three year old to cancer earlier this year. Thinking of you guys
  • Options
    And yeah, $600 is 2.5 years is pretty good. We spent about $2000 on Nomad, and then recently (excluding vaccinations etc) another $600 on tests for Tapi and treating his eye infections... and still no answer on the outcome, either. It's not a question to us, though. These furry little ones are our family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards