Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Two postage stamps?

So, I took my invite to the post office to have it weighed so I'd know how much postage the stamp(s) would be.  Turns out each will need 81 cents, and of course there's no 81 cent stamp!  There's an 84 cent stamp with Yosemite Nat'l park, which doesn't quite work becasue we're getting married in FL!  I really love the King & Queen of Hearts stamps, and the two together would total 88 cents.  So.. is it tacky to have two stamps on the envelope?(PS. I don't have enough time to order custom stamps, plus I'm not shelling out an additional $10 per sheet -on top of the postage amount- for them either!)Thanks girls!

Re: Two postage stamps?

• Options
    is it tacky to have two stamps on the envelope?No!! Martha Stewart does it all the time (I did too).
  • Options
    I don't think it's tacky to have 2 stamps, nor do I think it's weird to have a Yosemite stamp for a FL wedding. I really think you're overthinking this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    No, it is not tacky. If you need multiple stamps, use multiple stamps.
  • Options
    We used multiple stamps because I had a bunch of 42 cent stamps and the postage had just gone up.Also, no one will be picking apart your invite and they won't care what stamps you use. The Yosemite stamps are fine.
  • Options
    No one will care.  If they do they seriously need to get a life.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    i don't remember anything about the stamps on any invite i've ever recieved.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You are overthinking this a little bit. Can you imagine someone saying "The couple fed us amazing food, an open bar, great entertainment.   It would have been prefect except ::gasp::  they used 2 stamps on their invites."

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    It's not tacky.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How many stamps were on the last 4 invites you recieved?? Bet you are not sure. Honestly I am not sure either. It is a detail nobody will care about  
  • Options
    My invites are a postage mess. I have one wedding stamp on the outer envelope and a different one on the RSVP envelope for the US invites, then a $1 stamp on the outer for Canda, and then three stamps (one not wedding, two wedding) for the UK ones, with an airmail sticker. :) AND I provided an RSVP email for those in Canada and the UK since I couldn't put return postage on their RSVP envelopes. I told you it was a mess!
  • Options
    I'm pretty shocked at Bec and I'm quite certain that her marriage is doomed because of those stamps
  • Options
    I know, OOT. I know. I've prayed about it, and listened to Obama today, and I feel confident that if I stay in school then I can reverse the postage effect on my calamity of a marriage. Jesus hates elecric blue airmail stickers.
  • Options
    I really shouldn't tease about these questions because M asked most of them at the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards