Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Facebook question

The ex-wife and I have a mutual friend on Facebook that she leaves messages for a lot.  I see the her name and her message, but her name is in black text instead of blue like everyone elses' and when I hover the mouse over her name, it is not clickable.  Does that mean she has me blocked?  Also, if she has me blocked, can she see what I post?Thanks!

Re: Facebook question

• Options
    I'm pretty sure it just means she's super private or something.  If you're blocked, you wouldn't be able to see anything at all.
  • Options
    No, it just means she has EVERYONE who isn't on her friends list blocked.  Mine is like that.  You can't search for me, can't see my photo, can't click on my name, see my friends list, send me a message, etc.  Keeps the crazies away.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that just means that her profile is completely private.  With some people, you can click their name and just see their picture and friends list, but it can also be set to not be viewed at all and that's what the black is for.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If its on a public page you both share, yes she can see what you post. Im fairly certain if she had you blocked, you would not be able to see her profile at all and she would not be able to see you. She probably just has the highest level of security settings on her profile.
  • Options
    ooh Fried, how do you make that a setting?  I wouldn't mind doing that to mine. That doesn't surprise me about her.  She was into the online dating scene for a while and ended up giving out too much personal info and the guy found her at work and was threatening her and stalking her.  It was really scary.
  • Options
    She is private and you have to be on her friends list to view her profile.
  • Options
    Just go to privacy settings, I think.  Been awhile since I did it.  Should be easy to find.
  • Options
    I'm on private, but people can still click on my name but get no info. I think she's just on the next level of private - you can't even click on her to add her as a friend (per se, if you wanted to).
  • Options
    I have mine set the same way so people can't even click on me if they're not my friend.  I'm already FB friends with most people I've ever talked to more than once, so I just didn't want complete strangers checking me out. Also I'm a teacher and don't trust students.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards