Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

WR: Shuttle vs. Valet Parking

There is very limited off street parking at our church so we are trying to figure out the easiest option for our guests.  As a guest, would you rather have complimentary valet parking at the ceremony venue or park your car at the reception venue and then take a shuttle to and from the ceremony?  (The cost is about the same for the shuttle and the valet service.)Thanks in advance.

Re: WR: Shuttle vs. Valet Parking

• Options
    valet I would want to arrive on my own car not go to reception venue first then ceremoney
  • Options
    I think valet parking would be easier otherwise people will have to time it right to park at the reception and make sure they catch the shuttle early enough to get to the ceremony on time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't be thrilled with either (standing around and waiting in heels to leave the ceremony is not my idea of a good time).However, if I had to choose, I'd say the valet, I guess. I think it looks a little more classy/formal.  
  • Options
    Shuttle to and from the church to the reception Valet logistically may be an issue after the ceremony, I feel like you would have a lot of guests waiting around, it is different at the reception having a valet because guests will depart at various times, but I would imagine you would have a long valet line after the ceremony
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Valet. I like being on my own schedule, and would feel constricted with the shuttle, especially if I got sick and had to leave or if an emergency came up. At least I'd have a car to leave in.
  • Options
    Good point ggmae - I hadn't thought about guests being stuck at the ceremony if something comes up.  I think some of the waiting time for the valet after the ceremony will be alleviated since we're doing a receiving line at the church.  That should make it so there isn't quite as big of a rush to get cars.
  • Options
    Shuttle.  I drive a stick and don't trust valets to not burn up my clutch.  I don't like anyone else driving my car.  That's probably not the case for most of your guests though.
  • Options
    Valet. The wedding I was in last weekend had shuttles and it was a clusterF. They didn't have enough seating so people who wanted to leave had to wait for it to come back.
  • Options
    Not trying to be snarky at all, but where do the church go-ers park on Sundays? Is that an option? Church parking lots here are huge for that reason, so I'm having a hard time imagining :)
  • Options
    Actually I pick shuttle, because of the long valet line after ceremony and because then my car would just be waiting for me later after the reception.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Soon-to-be Mrs.Vogt The church parking lot only has about 30 parking spots - everyone else parks on the street.  I don't want people to have to walk a couple of blocks in heels, especially after dark.  We also have lots of elderly people that I don't want to walk too far. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards