Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How long...

did it take you to do the damn thang with FI/DH (if you have)...::Sexy time::Co-worker informed me today they waited 2 years. I can understand waiting until marriage, but 2 years without religious conviction? Holy mary mother of god.

Re: How long...

• Options
    We waited 9 months.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    A week or two.  I wanted it sooner, he wanted to wait a tiny bit.Funny story...my friend got married last weekend and had the shortest reception ever so that they could go fuuck.  It cracked me up!!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    [Weird long distance situation story snipped], and anyway, before we even met for the first time [swear to god, weirdest story ever, he stalked me over the internet for a year], I told him that I didn't sleep with guys I was interested in. That is, if there was relationship potential, I didn't want to start it off on that foot, but if he was fun and attractive but not long term potential, I'd totally slut it up because why the heck not, you know? Not like I have morals. So he knew we would not be hooking up on our first date, and then I'd be immediately going back to Maryland so it could be months, but that it was more reasonable to wait than to dive into the physical stuff and then I slept with him on the first date.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    had the shortest reception ever so that they could go fuuck.fantastic.Dh and I: I actually had a bf when I met DH. Pretty serious, BF was a millionaire with everything a girl could want. Yeah it took me a week and a half to break up with current bf and hook up with DH. It was college and Tom Petty was playing. What more can I say?
  • Options
    6 months. Six frustratingly long months.
    ========= Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Well...we were friends for 5 years first. Then one night, things finally fell into place. I had a not serious boyfriend at the time. Things finally clicked on Sunday (nothing at all happened, it was all emotional), I broke up with my boyfriend on Wed, I was back at FI house on Friday doing the damn thang. Our first kiss lasted about 20 min and led straight to the bedroom. Most awkward, awesome night ever.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Almost a year and a half...we started dating when I was 15
  • Options
    Our first kiss lasted about 20 min and led straight to the bedroom.this. me too!!Jill - how old are you now if you dont mind me asking?
  • Options
    We waited a year and four months.  Or, rather, FI waited, I whined.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I can't really remember to be honest.  We met about 3 months before we started dating and liked each other for awhile.  I know we were "official" before we had sex for the first time, but I don't really know for how long.  Couple weeks maybe?
  • Options
    Not long. About 3 weeks. I seduced him too. I cooked him dinner on our 5th date.... wearing nothing but panties, heels, and an apron. And the dinner was good too.
  • Options
    Meaghan, I don't mind at all. I just turned 21. We're getting married in 2011, after I'm done w/ school.
  • Options
    Over 10 years.
  • Options
    We had jury duty for about a week and then dated another month or so. One night, after my friend's wedding, he got us this suite at a hotel, witha hot tub that was surrounded by mirrors...HE STILL respected me when I said I wanted to wait...I think I have it up about a week later.
  • Options
    Whoa Bec! I feel like you have shared this story before though... I am just not remembering...21 Jill? Are you the first of your friends to get married? I was at 23 so I can only imagine.
  • Options
    Wait Bec, are you awesome DJ story?
  • Options
    Over two years. I was 15 when we started dating.
  • Options
    FI and I knew each other for a year before our "one night stand" at  friends party on New Years. Neither of us called the other, we weren't looking for something serious and met up a month later at a fundraiser but I had a non-serious bf. Well I broke up with him on a Wed and started dating FI that Friday. And that was 3 years ago, so I guess we are both sluts. . .
  • Options
    We met, were instantly attracted to each other, so we realized we couldn't even be friends. I was married. Fast forward 10+ years, my Ex was leaving me for a toddler, asked me if I'd ever met someone I was instantly attracted to, and I said yes, and mentioned J for the first time in a decade. I had no clue where he was, but the very next morning I hit the wrong channel on my TV and he was on the morning news. I waited until my separation was filed, got drunk, emailed him, and the rest is history!
  • Options
    Yes I am! :) Full story in bio. I still get goosebumps sometimes when I think about it.
  • Options
    Actually, no, a friend from high school got married last week, and another friend is getting married in December. He's the first in his family though-youngest of 5
  • Options
    We knew each other as friends for about four years before I wised up and realized how I felt about him (he knew much sooner). When we finally got together, it was a few quasi-dates where we weren't really sure what was going on, and then on the same day we decided that we were actually in an exclusive relationship......... that was it.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    We met on Saturday, first date Sunday, fukked after the date. Been exclusive every since.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Technically about 8 years. We knew each other for that long before the light bulb went off. Once the light bulb went off I was a big ho and slept with him the first night. That's ok though, he still married me.
  • Options
    It was sort of nine months.  We dated for three weeks when I was 14.  Then I broke up with him.  So we really knew one another for six years before we started seeing one another as adults. 
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Yeah...we waited the year and a half, then......did it on the couch. And pretty much anywhere else we could find after that...
  • Options
    Around 2 1/2 years I think. I think I remember that we were almost to our three year anniversary.
  • Options
    We were friends for like 3 years before we got together as a couple (We actually met on a double date w/people that had long term relationships with).After both relationships fizzled, it took like a YEAR for us to stop being stupid and actually start dating. After THAT, it was about 7 months before we got it on.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    like 4 hours...
  • Options
    2 months, but it would have been shorter if we hadn't been in an LDR.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards