Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Passport/honeymoon booking?

I just booked our honeymoon cruise. I booked it under my maiden name since I wont have time to get all my new documents with my new name. I'm pre-filling out information and he has it as "Mrs". I can't really find any title designations on my passport (either Ms. or Mrs.). Since the actual names will match on my passport, drivers licence and booking info, is this something to worry about? Also, should I take a copy of my marriage licence with me? I'm assuming I won't have the actual marriage certificate back yet since we're leaving a week after the wedding.
"In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs

Re: Passport/honeymoon booking?

• Options
    I'm not sure. I don't think honorifics (ms. mrs. etc) should matter though. And if you're booking in your maiden name and your docs are in your maiden name you wont need a certificate of marriage.
  • Options
    The designation should not matter for ID purposes. You are smart to book in your maiden name. You'd be surprised how many people think it's cute to book HM trips in their married names and then get caught up in security because their ID doesn't match.
  • Options
    I learned that bit of advice from the honeymoon board. I'm glad I knew about it in advance. I can imagine the headache it would cause. Although, I can imagine they probably deal with it a lot. Thanks for the advice!
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Ugh, I need to remind FI to get his damn passport already.
  • Options
    I had to stay on mine for months to get his. He finally did, luckily. Although we freaked out some. They didn't send his birth certificate back with the new passport. It came about 2 weeks later. They didn't do that with mine several years ago. It was weird.
  • Options
    The Mrs/Ms thing will not make a difference.  This actually do  not even show up on your passport. They started sending the passport and other documentations seperately because of ID fraud.  Can you imagine what you could do with one envelope that had a passport and BC in it?  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    My first international trip was on April 8, 2007. My passport was delivered April 4th. Sweating bullets much?
  • Options
    Lynda, that makes perfect sense. Unfortunatly, they didn't put that on the website, or the forms and they didn't tell us at the post office. They should probably start doing that. Yeah, that would have been scary. I had to go to Nashville to get my Visa about a week before I left. I kept getting the run around about whether I would need one or not. Turns out I didn.t
  • Options
    I had a notice with my passport that said the other documents are being sent in a seperately.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Huh. Weird. His didn't come with ANYTHING. Maybe they forgot to put something else in there? I know how busy they must be. Oh well, it eventually came.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards