Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridal Shower Question, WWYD?

We're having a very small DW (small meaning that we have 12 guests total). My mother called me today and told me that she and my sister were planning on throwing me a bridal shower, and wants a list of my friends who were invited to the wedding. I've always been very independent, so if I want something I just buy it. I'm not really comfortable with the idea of registering and 'asking' for presents, but I don't want to insult them because they are trying to do something that is nice and generally accepted. What would you do in this situation? I think I saw something on here about themed showers where you just get small things like spices and kitchen untesils? I'd be ok with small stuff I guess.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridal Shower Question, WWYD?

• AD, that sounds like so much fun!  A great alternative to the traditional shower.
  • I love the scrapbook/well wishes shower idea! very original:)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I went to a hens night (a little different) last night. The bride didn't want gifts and just said that our being there was more then enough, however if we felt we needed to bring something then we could bring some food to add to the table. It was good for people like me who have to take something (cookies, muffins and a vegie platter) because I didn't have to show up empty handed, but no one was under any obligation to bring anything.The moral of the story is, some people will bring a gift no matter what, even if you say not to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards