New York-New York City
Options

Hotel In NYC???

Does anyone know of an affordable hotel in New York City, near times square?

One of my wedding guests (from another country) is taking a bus trip to New York after the wedding and is looking for a place to stay.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Hotel In NYC???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I will stay away from Times Square if you want an affordable hotel.  Try downtown, you can always take a cab to the bus terminal.  Or try midtown east. 
  • Options
    Shanoa70Shanoa70 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are several hotels near Port Authority.  Directly across the Street is the Hilton Times Square and the Westin New York at Times Square (not cheap, but not outrageous).  Also near there is Element (a Westin lower level brand), and on 41st st is Hotel 41.   If they want REALLY cheap and I mean bare bones, try The Milford Plaza.  But make sure they do NOT go to Hotel Carter (voted top 10 dirtiest hotel in America almost every year).  
  • Options
    brandyneswbrandynesw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there is a boutique hotel on 46th st between 9th and 10th avenues.  i used to live across the street and have my parents stay there when they would come up and visit.  lovely hotel, nice staff, and the prices were very reasonable.  i'm trying to remember the name ... 414 hotel  http://www.hotel414.com/
  • Options
    onlyncsuonlyncsu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Carlton on Madison Ave. It's a fabulous boutique hotel and the prices are very reasonable for Manhattan.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards