Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Q about pics

FI & I are taking pictures before the ceremony.  Since we have family from all over coming in for our wedding and an awesome photographer, we want to take a ton of pictures.  But now we're stumped on where to draw the line on who needs to come early for formal pics?Aunts, uncles, cousins, where would you draw the line?  At what point is it obnoxious overkill?

Re: Q about pics

• Options
    We're drawing the line at grandparents.
  • Options
    It seems like it would depend. Are you close with your Aunts and Uncles? Close with your cousins? If so--it would be nice to have pictures with them. If not--I wouldn't worry about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We actually just did bridal party and parents early and grandparents and everyone else after. My grandma said she did not want to see me at all before I walked down. We didn't do formal pictures with any other family though (aunts and uncles). By time the ceremony was done, everyone was drinking and eating and it would have been too hard to grab everyone. Plus, I was hungry and impatient and just wanted to stop posing and smiling for a camera!
  • Options
    We're somewhat close to all of them, and it would be nice to take pictures all together since we are rarely all in one place. I just don't want to be completely obnoxious.
  • Options
    I would just do WP and immediate family prior to the ceremony. You can always take a few pics with everyone after the ceremony, before the reception
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Rebecca that's what I'm worried about. Also, since we are having a Jewish wedding most of the family will see me in my dress beforehand anyway. There is a ritual before the actual ceremony in which we will sign our Jewish marriage license and FI will lower my veil. I know a lot of family will want to come to see that. So maybe it wouldn't be too crazy to take all the formals before.
  • Options
    for our pics before the ceremony this is what we are doing.usfam (our parents, siblings, grandmothers)also our siblings wife/husband and if there are children.we both have one living grandmother.then pics with our friends.i figured that with the photog there all day i could give a list of other pics (my mom and her sisters, my dad and his sisters, etc.)that is all i have planned, i hope i did it right.
  • Options
    We're doing just the WP at the pre-ceremony pictures, since we're going to be running around a bit.  We'll do formal pictures immediately after the ceremony, just outside (the ceremony and reception are in the same place).  Our wedding is more or less family only, though, so if we want family along it would be the whole guest list!
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I would do pictures with anyone who won't be in a good number of photos after the ceremony. I don't think I would want a bunch of my family members just standing around for a long time before the ceremony because they're only in one to three of the pictures.
  • Options
    We invited immediate families, WP, and grandparents to take pictures beforehand. I am close with my aunts, uncle, and cousins and was planning to take pictures with them at the reception. Unfortunately that never happened because everything was moving so fast - I wish we had taken pics with them beforehand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards