Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

E-mail poll

I just read banana's post and was inspired to go back in my Gmail archives and find the very first e-mail FI and I exchanged.  It was (from me to him, while we were both in the same class, on 6/5/07):"You're looking at me like a bear looks at a steak today.  Can I offer you a ride home from class today?"Can you find your first e-mail?  What does it say/what is it about?  It's always funny to go through our old exchanges.
two years!
after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
Pregnancy Ticker
Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart

Re: E-mail poll

• Options
    First e-mail ever, or first one to/from FI?FI and I have exchanged very little e-mail, but we have dozens and dozens of text messages from each other saved.  I'm actually thinking of reading some of them as part of my vows.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I don't have them all since I don't work where I did at the time.  This is one of the oldest ones I can find."Hope you have a good first day at work!  I love you!"It's from him to me.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    First e-mail exchange with each other.We gchatted/e-mailed constantly during class in law school.  It's really funny to go back and read us making fun of our professors.  There was obviously a lot of shameless flirting going on, too.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We don't have any emails really, at least none that talk about anything interesting, mostly along the lines of paypal receipts from his account or forwards.  I have all our texts from the last year and a half on my phone.
  • Options
    Our first e-mail exchange is from about 2 months after we started dating, just making plans to hang out that night
  • Options
    I'm almost embarassed to post this.   Why so happy they sae Her name is rae rae she's smart & strong knows the words to every song but my favorite is the song in my heart she composed it...   gave me hope she did of better days of loving ways of happiness that seemed outta reach   she brought heaven near in her hand a beer if she were here, i'd whisper in her ear...   let's live happily ever after.Love, Scooter
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Awww, that's cute, fishy.  So you're BOTH talented poets, then?
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I really wish I could find them. DH and I met when I was still in college and he worked for the University. Neither of us have access to those accounts anymore. :(
  • Options
    I love it, Fishy.And apparently both of you are poets.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    Ok, I forgot we communicated through MySpace for a long time. He wanted to ask me out, was too chicken. Me made a myspace account with PAtrick Dempsey as his profile picture. The emails back and forth there were HILARIOUS because I had no idea it was Scott. I actually blocked him because it was sorta freakin' me out because it was clear this guy knew me. Here is one of the first ones back to me from him as he was trying to get me to guess who he was: Me llamo McDreamie.Need I say more?Ok...couple mo hintz as I sense you're a little "block user" happy.My 1st love: Catz. Especially Fat Catz. Me & Garfield. BFF. Oh yeah.2nd luv: Hard core gamer. As in, "U down with SBSP?""Yeah, u know me!"Spong Bob Square Pantz is where it's @. Whaddya say Christy Rae?Still Fischin?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Tim and I met online. I saw his profile and decided to email him. The first email I ever sent him went something like this --"I'm interested. You should contact me."He contacted me the next day and we met for coffee two days after that.
  • Options
    I know I've got hard copy of it somewhere, but I don't think it's still saved online anymore. DH sent me an email shortly after the first night we re-met (we'd actually known each other many years, but the first night we clicked). But I never got it. Finally he asked a mutual friend to see if I got it and what was up. Friend called and was very uncomfortable and told me he didn't want to get in the middle of anything, but please just respond to DH and tell him that I didn't want to email or be in touch with him because DH was asking him about it every day. I said I DID want to be in touch with him, but had never gotten any email from him so please tell him to resend it and I would reply that day. He resent it, I replied... and here we are :-)
  • Options
    DH and I have been emailing for years now, long before we started dating. I have an email from 2 weeks before we started dating in September 2007 though. I had just visited my brother at Fort Knox and emailed DH some pictur es from the trip. He told me "Wow, you look nice!" And I remember that giving me butterflies.
  • Options
    I met FI online.  I was checking out profiles for a friend of mine & found him.  I only signed up for the free 3 day trial & when he didn't contact me within that time, then I sent him a message & gave him an email address with a fake name telling him to email me and then I canceled my account.  I don't have those emails because yahoo doesn't save emails from that long ago, but I have emails between my friend, the girl also doing online dating, & me.  The are pretty funny.  I joke around about FI being the love of my life & my future husband (making fun of myself for getting so upset about him not emailing me back immediately and another one of our friends who would always say that about whatever flavor of the week she was dating).  
  • Options
    FI and I met in college and lived together in the dorms. We had a dorm listserve and the first e-mail he sent me was..."I don't want to go the f*cking house meeting tonight. Come to my room I have cheap  vodka and pink lemonade. Bring Happy Gilmore. TG"Haha, it's makes me laugh because I went down to his room to see him and say yes instead of writing back and we just started then, at noon, and eventually that sh*t show turned into F*ck it Monday, a tradition we still hold near and dear to our hearts. Haha
  • Options
    FI told me to get a waffle.
  • Options
    I think the first email I ever received from DH was the photo he took of my tattoo....that I got a year before we started dating.  I can't remember what the first email he ever sent me was though.  I'm fairly certain that the account isn't even active anymore! The other tough part is that we were friends for 5 years before we started dating so there's a bit of a gray area where we were friends, then friends who started a casual 'thing' and then where we were serious. 
  • Options
    My first email from him is from when he first went off to military school.  Its a lot of questions mostly- asking me questions like whats my favorite color, food, ect... everything that he didn't have time to get to know about me, before he left.  Since we met just a couple weeks before he left.
  • Options
    Our first email was through eHarmony when he asked me on our first date.  Dinner at Antonio's. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Mine: "Hello, I'm sure you don't remember me, but we met 10 years ago during a beach trip I won with The End. I know this is nuts, and I'm sure you don't remember me, but I saw you on XXXXX (his morning news show) and thought I would shoot you a line to see if you remember me, how you are doing, and if you remembered that odd brunette you met a long time ago. I swear I'm not a stalker. Just remembered a boy I met at a Japanese restaurant many years ago and wondered how he was."It took me like 45 minutes to type that because I was so drunk. It took a LOT of liquid courge to send that email. I love how many times I either asked if he remembered me or said I was sure he didn't remember me. Thank God he remembered me!
  • Options
    I can't see our first emails any more because they were on our no defunct college email... but our wall to wall history on fb is hysterical. Seriously. FB no longer carries posts before Fall 2006, but we had ones in early 2006. I am fairly sure our first one was him asking me what dinner option I wanted to eat at his jr. formal as I was his pity date. He didn't have a date and I had a bf. However, the rest was history ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards