New York-New York City
Options

Wedding Florist needed. Help!

Hey Im on a tight budget (who isn't right) and I'm trying to find a wedding florist in NY. My FH does not feel like we should spend more than $1K in flowers. Well he pretty much made it clear that there is no way we are spending more than $1K on "something as silly as flowers". Yet he has specifically decided that we need stargazer lilies. Im having a hard time finding a florist who can work with our budget. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Flowers to be used: stargazer lilies and roses or carnations.
-1 bridal bouquet
-4 bridesmaid bouquet
-4 groomsmen boutonniere
-2 father boutonniere
-2 mother corsages
-1 flower girl
-13 centerpiece arrangements (I don't want to rent the vases from florist, I am going to buy my own)
-2 floral arrangements for ceremony.
-1head table arrangement for sweet heart table. 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Think how different it would be if you would have never met the one who changed everything...
Photobucket

Re: Wedding Florist needed. Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Richard at Flowers by Richard is amazing at working with a tight budget.

I would try him... but 1K might be cutting it close. He may be able to work with it if you do short centerpieces.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $1K is very low for all that you are neediing.  I had pretty much the same things as  you, wtih no special request flowers and 7 more table centerpieces and I got a bargain at $5K.  If your Fi is insistent that you not spend more than $1K, he might have to forego the lilies and do mixture of flower and some other centerpiece, like candles. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    LanaJadeLanaJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else and I went with Designs By Rose, who gets good reviews for their work and ability to work with a budget. Based on what I got from her, I think she can put you over but close to your budget, but you may have to use more in-season flowers (not sure how expensive those lillies are) and go for short and simpler centerpieces rather than tall, elaborate ones.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I guess since my wedding is in July of next year I still have plenty of time to figure out what florist to use. I guess we might have to expand our budget for flowers or maybe have one of our parents help us pay the difference :)
    I think I am definitely going to contact designs by rose. I have heard so many good things about them. I was scared that they might be too expensive. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming. I will let you know how everything turns out. I'm excited!
    Think how different it would be if you would have never met the one who changed everything...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My florist, Tracey Reynolds, went above and beyond. When the volcano in Iceland halted all flights and flower shipments to the US, she hunted every flower market until she found the peonies for my bouquet.  Our budget was more than 1K, but it wasn't very high.  She made gorgeous tall centerpieces out of carnations.  She is a big advocate of using in season flowers, but she would get you lilies if you wanted them.  Her blog is at  http://www.stayinseason-budget-style.com.   
    April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Pic
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LanaJadeLanaJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Designs by Rose, they're very reasonably priced. What I loved about them is that when my imagination was going wild, they bought me back to reality and talked budget. They actually convinced me not to get something extra for my altar because they thought my design was enough, and looking back it really was. I think that says a lot for their character. Based on what you want, I think their quote for you will be over 1k but it shouldn't be too much over. As you can probably tell, they're quite popular and book quick.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I think I found THE ONE! I was quoted at $900. She even made a quick sample for me and I loved it. She gave me a price that I couldn't refuse and I couldn't have been happier. She understood exactly what I wanted and she was so helpful. She even let me take the sample home. Connie from Riverdale florist is absolutely great! Next project-the DJ.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    prusgirlprusgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You want a lot for very little.

Try proflowers.com click weddings and they actually have arrangements in your price range!  

You can also go to costco.com and fiftyflowers.com all of them have the same type of bridal online pricing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im usually on the NJ board and it sounds like you found a florist which is great, but in case you need more recommendations, not too far over in Northern NJ try Santos Florist in Newark and AW flowers in Kearny- both seem to do great work and are very budget friendly!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Designs by Rose is great but unfortunately, she books quickly and sadly (perhaps because she doesn't want the competition), she very hesitate to offer recommendations (I say if you can stand by your product, why not make a referral when you can't do the work anyway). 

I used Flowers by Richard and he's amazing.  But for all that you want, $1k is super tight; you may have to change up flowers if you are more worried about cost.  It doesn't hurt to have a consult and he'd probably be willing to recommend someone if budget is really a problem.

GL.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards