Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Wake up people!!

Good morning all, it's so quiet in here!  How was your weekend?  How's your week shaping up?We had a good weekend, relaxing overall, dinner with friends on Saturday was a lot of fun.  My fantasy football team did okay yesterday and my Colts won, so that was good!  This week, I'm going to the Brandi Carlile concert on Wednesday, yay!So that's about it....hoping for word on whether I'm getting this freakin promotion or not.  Trusting that whatever is for the best will happen.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wake up people!!

• Options
    I'm up! The Bucs and Rays lost yesterday, so I had a very productive Sunday cleaning and errands :)
  • Options
    Do you live in Tampa Valleyhoo?  I lived there for about 6 years, just moved back to IN 2 years ago.
  • Options
    Good morning.  The Redskins apparently lost yesterday :(We bought Beatles Rcok Band this weekend and jammed out on that.  Good fun was had by all.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I just got up. Lets see:Eagles won -yay.  McNabb got hurt - Boo,Our backup QB (Kolb) sucks - booCookouts rocked - yaySushi dinner friday rocked - yayI got 2 days off in a row with DH - double yay.So overall it was a good weekend. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I sure do, Dani! What brought you to the sunshine state?
  • Options
    Hi there! My weekend consisted of reading, reading, and more reading. Today I will be reading, and tomorrow I will be reading. On Wednesday I have class all day, and on Thursday I have class in the morning. Then the reading cycle will begin again.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Eagles won -yay. McNabb got hurt - Boo,Our backup QB (Kolb) sucks - booDITTO!!!!
  • Options
    I sure do, Dani! What brought you to the sunshine state?When my H and I were just bf/gf, he found a job down there and I went with him. He is a wetland ecologist so the market for that was much better than here in IN, especially for him just coming out of college.  So we went down there and stayed for almost 7 years, until it was time to get married and buy a house, then we decided to come back home and settle here.  At the time, the same house up here would be $120k and the Tampa area it would be $250k. 
  • Options
    Dani - very cool. The house prices can be ridiculous, but they get even worse the farther south. My FI and I were looking in the Ft. Lauderdale area and they made Tampa look so much more affordable. We'll be here for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    Sarah, it is like we have the same life, minus a slightly different class schedule.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Dani, how did you feel the interview went?  I hope you get the promotion!
  • Options
    I felt like it went great, but my competition was 3 people from outside the agency, so it all depends on what the executive staff is looking for. 
  • Options
    Morning! Weekend was awesome.  I turned 26 on Saturday (ugh...getting older) and FI gave me a baby guinea pig as a present on Friday.  I lost my 3.5 year old guinea pig last April, and missed him terribly, but wouldn't have gotten one on my own.  So FI got him as a surprise.  Went apple picking with some of our friends and went to Chinese buffet for dinner.  Watched FI and one of his groomsmen finish off a scorpion bowl; FI was pretty messed up for the rest of the night.  Good weekend though, all in all.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I had an awesome weekend, but still tired today. Friday with colleen, Saturday with my girlfriends and Britney Spears, yesterday football with the husband. A+ weekend.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Happy belated baystate - but how did you lose a guinea pig?
  • Options
    Good morning! My weekend was good but busy. Best friend got married Saturday, so we spent the whole weekend making trips back and forth between our house and my hometown (2 hours away, ish). Everything turned out so well though and she's on her way to her honeymoon. FI's nephew had his first football game yesterday (he's 9) and they tied the team who is projected to be #1 in their conference. So, that's awesome. We also went to get our wedding rings ordered, and get my engagement ring sized finally. Got our marriage license on Friday. Looks like I might actually have to go to throw with this!
  • Options
    My weekend was great.  Giants won!  Went to Six Flags.  Got over my cold. I hope you get the promotion Dani!  Hopefully they'll see the wisdom in promoting from within.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    Vogt!  I sent an e-mail to your yahoo account.
  • Options
    I worked at the charity race for my flower girl all day Saturday, we had a good turnout but I was so sore yesterday and would randomly fall asleep throughout the day yesterday. H was talking to me and didn't know I was out cold.
  • Options
    We got out marriage license Friday YAY! and my sister hosted a bridal shower for me on sunday, it was great. A lil disappointed in most of my friends for not showing, but my family was great.back to school this week :( 1st week of real work,ahh
  • Options
    @CS, is there a thread about your cruise including awesome pictures of glaciers and stuff?  If so, please to help me find it?
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• Options
    Mocha that's awesome, good luck with the new job!
  • Options
    Congrats, Mocha.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Thanks!  I'm a bit nervous because it's dealing with very low functioning residents, which I'm not sure how good I am at dealing with incontinence and stuff, but it's a start in the State employment system, which is a definate plus.  Now I just have to make it through training and the background checks, though I'm not too worried.
  • Options
    Congrats, Mocha!  Yay for income!
  • Options
    Congratulations, Mocha! Dani, when do you expect to hear results from your possible promotion?
  • Options
    They said they hope to make a decision by the end of this week. 
  • Options
    Good morning!  My weekend was pretty chill, got a bit of cleaning done and went to Robbins Bros. to get my e-ring cleaned.  We also scoped out the new palladium wedding rings for FI, and he found a design he likes a lot, which makes me very happy.  Hopefully they'll still have it in stock when we go to buy.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Dog sledding is so much fun.  Those dogs love to run.  Here's a pic from when we went in Tahoe:

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards