Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Buying e-ring online?

Has anyone bought their engagement ring online? It sounds like you can save a lot of money, as opposed to going to some of the traditional jewelry stores. I've been looking at Blue Nile. They have fairly good user reviews online.Has anyone used them, or any other online company? Could you tell me a little about your experience?Thanks!

Re: Buying e-ring online?

• Options
    Blue Nile is a reputable site and I have been to the owner's store.  He has a diamond district business besides the other online merch and you can get certification with your jewelry.  I bought a bracelet from there and it worked out well. 
  • Options
    I'm not sure if it helps you much, but I bought Fi's wed ring online. Worked out great, saved a ton, and got exactly what I wanted. I was nervous about the ring fitting well, but I checked the sight to make sure it was reputable and googled customer reviews.... turned out to fit 100% perfect. I'd do your research on the sight, but I had a positive experience with online buying.
  • Options
    Blue Nile is one that I've heard a few positive reviews from.
  • Options
    My DH bought my e-ring online from his bank. You have to be a member to do so, but just wanted to say that it got to him as he expected and we were both really pleased. He had looked in many stores and couldn't find exactly what he wanted, whereas ordering it online let him choose the specifics.
  • Options
    My engagement ring is from there and we have had nothing but wonderful experiences with them. Scott said they were wonderful to work with even after a couple of snafus that weren't out fault or theirs, they were awesome. And it's really pretty and comes with allt he necessary paperwork.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    My FI bought my ring through Whiteflash, and we both have nothing but great things to say about them.  He also saved a lot of money (I think he said he paid 60% of the appraised value?)
  • Options
    Both my E-ring and my wedding band are from Whiteflash.com. DH had a great experience as did I when we purchased our wedding bands. I highly reccommend them. No complaints.
  • Options
    my rings came as a set. I forget what site FI used though. I love them.
  • Options
    FI got mine at BrilliantEarth.com - he said he was able to speak with a really helpful girl to help select the ring, make sure it fit, etc. He looked at a lot of stores and so had a pretty good idea of what he wanted though. Plus, all their diamonds are conflict free, mined in Canada and a percent of their profits are donated to some African community...FI is very socially conscious so that was important. I don't know if it was any cheaper price-wise though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards