Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Pet Peeves

I just wanted to see what peoples pet peeves are, either on the knot or IRL.It is so annoying when people misspell my last name.  My families spelling of our last name is unusual but if you take out 1 letter then it is a common way to spell it,  In our last name their is 1 letter that is double like as if the common spelling is smith but ours would smmith, and it is pronounced the same way.  So say I am at a doctors I will spell it for them and then my first name they say well i don't see it and I say did you put to m's and the say oh it was 2 m's.  I feel like saying duh i jst spelled it for you. Grrr.

Re: Pet Peeves

• Options
    I feel you....my first name could be short for another name, but its not, its just my name.  Like Liz for Elizabeth.  But teachers in school always thought my name was something different!
  • Options
    people who are late...all.the.time.Candidates who post for my open jobs but have no idea what the job is or what our company does.People who pass the buck and don't take ownership of things.
  • Options
    My maiden name was always reversed.  Even if I (or my Dad or Brother) CORRECTLY filled out the form where it says 'last name' 'first name' some idiot would assume we put the names in the wrong place.  ugh.  I was placed in the boy's cabin at camp because they couldn't figure out which name was my first. Then my ex-H's last name was always misspelled.  Yes, there is a more common spelling, but we didn't use it. Now I'm back to two first names.  Three really, since my maiden name is now my middle name.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Along the line of names, it bothers me when someone I have just met or am barely acquainted with automatically starts calling me by a shortened version of my name.  Sorry, that's not my name and only family members and people I am close with can get a pass on that.
  • Options
    people who show up for work at 7:59, then proceed to put their stuff away, get coffee, and start working at 8:10. Work STARTS at 8, that doesn't mean ARRIVE at work at 8.
  • Options
    Les Paul that really stinks, if people are confused you would think that they would call to double check instead of just assuming.'Cew, that would be very annoying, I was always taught if you have an interview to make sure you know what the job is for and to research the workplace and know what they are about.  I think in todays economic climate people are just applying for anything and are not paying attention to the job.
  • Options
    I have many. I also hate people who are late, its rude and disrespectful. I hate people who cut you off (either walking or driving) and either slow down or stop for no reason and with no regard for you. It really bugs me when drivers dont achnowledge you - thank you wave, leaving a gap for you to pull out if they are on a red, etc. Teenagers, theyre another pet peeve of mine.
  • Options
    3 plus - I'm bad about that.  I always tend to shorten someone's name.  But, now, I always ask if it's okay to call them by a shorten name.   
  • Options
    My pet peeve right now, is paying my bills.  I hates it.
  • Options
    people who show up for work at 7:59, then proceed to put their stuff away, get coffee, and start working at 8:10. Work STARTS at 8, that doesn't mean ARRIVE at work at 8. You would hate me.  A lot.
  • Options
    People who don't know how dollar signs work. Everytime I see something like 25$ I roll my eyes. I see this nearly every single time I'm on the knot/nest.
  • Options
    People who leave long voicemail messages (I mentioned this yesterday in something).  People who constantly talk about the same problems and nothing changes because they don't do anything about it (when they CAN do something about it).  STFU! 
  • Options
    people who show up for work at 7:59, then proceed to put their stuff away, get coffee, and start working at 8:10. Work STARTS at 8, that doesn't mean ARRIVE at work at 8. You would hate me. A lot. It's disrespectful to your colleagues. And your employer. We've started docking pay because of this. It's a huge problem at our office.
  • Options
    You hate me too then (but I think this has been established).  I get to work around 8, but don't start working at least until about 9 or so. ha!  I need to ease into it!I guess it would also depend on exactly what type of job you have though.
  • Options
    Cew, that would be very annoying, I was always taught if you have an interview to make sure you know what the job is for and to research the workplace and know what they are about. I think in todays economic climate people are just applying for anything and are not paying attention to the job.Exactly! As a recruiter, it's almost offensive to me when candidates don't know and / or don't care about the company that they would like to work for. I know I shouldn't take it personally, but for some reason I do. I have an opening right now for a bilingual customer service rep. The posting clearly states that you must be fully fluent in English and Spanish to be considered and the title is Bilingual Customer Service Rep. Out of 127 candidates that posted for the job, guess how many were actually bilingual. 15! AHHHH! Okay. Rant over.
  • Options
    Waiting When people smack their gum Mouth breathers
  • Options
    I get to work around 8, but don't start working at least until about 9 or so. ha! I need to ease into it!I don't see that as the problem. The problem being you should be PREPARED to work when work starts. It's not like you get there and stand in the coffee room until 9...right? I think it's pretty obvious that I don't work that hard. But at least I'm prepared to work when I need to.
  • Options
    People who touch me when I don't know them.  Like, out at the bars instead of just asking me to dance a guy will grab my hand and try to haul me on the floor, or when he's talking to me he'll put his hand on my arm or shoulder.  I don't know you.  Get your f*cking hands off me before I break every single one of your fingers. Also, close talkers, open mouthers, people who read over my shoulder, people who chew with their mouths open, know-it-alls, one-uppers and people who don't control their offspring in public.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    Wow Nugget it sounds like you don't like very many people;)
  • Options
    Wow Nugget it sounds like you don't like very many people;)Pretty much, yeah.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    People who call me at work and them ho and hum over the phone while they make a decision.  Decide what you want BEFORE you call, don't make me sit there tying up the line and waiting for you to make a decision.Other employees talking behind my back.Being treated like I don't know what I'm doing because I'm the office administrator and everyone else here has a good 10 - 20 years on me.  I was hired for a reason, and that reason is: I know what I'm doing and I'm good at it.  It's good enough for the Boss, it should be enough for you.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    P2, you're right.  I don't stand around until that time.  I'm at my desk checking email and such.
  • Options
    I hate the 7:59 people too.  SO ANNOYING.  Especially since I get to work at like 6:45 or 7 and at 4:59 that person has a billion questions.  Umm, too bad, I'm leaving. I HATE inconsiderate drivers.  It really pisses me off and totally ruins my day.  I hate even more that I let them have this much power over my mood. I'm in rare form today.  Boo.
  • Options
    I hate when people spell my name wrong.  Even after I say "Lynda, L-Y-N-D-A".  The Y confusses them and they spell it Lydia or Linday.  Really how difficult is it to change an I to a Y.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    P2, you're right. I don't stand around until that time. I'm at my desk checking email and such. Yeah, me too.  I'm ready to work when I get there. 
  • Options
    My pet peeve is definetly my name as well. my last name is Hurt. its one of the easiest words to spell/pronouce but theres always someone who says or spells it different lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards