Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Invites - Help Please!

OK, so I created all my invites in Corel Paint Shop Pro, which can export files in tons of different formats (including Photoshop extentions). Well I just went to pick up my nicely printed pocketfold invites at Staples where I left them for cutting yesterday, and the screwed up about 75% of the order.  They have agreed that they did a poor job on the cutting and are willing to reprint, replace the order.  Here is the thing when they re-print them I need to ensure the color matches perfectly to the 30% of correct invitations which I printed myself on a Zerox laser jet directly from Corel Paint Shop Pro.  Being that it is random pieces of my pocketfolds that are printed correctly, does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to export this file to something Staples can use that will least effect the quality of the file, and keep it matching the ones that were printed correctly?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Invites - Help Please!

• Options
    The color doesn't matter that much to anyone but you.  Make sure it is close and call it good.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    I didn't ask if it mattered to anyone other than me.  I asked if you had suggestions on how to get them to match.
  • Options
    Let me rephrase.  The color will not be exactly the same unless you reprint them yourself.  I have worked in a print shop.  Conversion can change the color slightly.  The printer will change the color slightly.  The perfect color match is 99.9% not likely to happen.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    It's the pieces within the invitation that don't match.  I currently have 15 good invites, 80 good direction cards, 22 good RSVPS and ZERO good reception cards.   So yes within the invitation I would like them to match.  As the art on the top of pocket fold "flows" between the pieces.
  • Options
    Since Staples f-ed up, can you see if they will re-print everything for you for free (including the 30% you already printed)?
  • Options
    Kati thats a good suggestion kb- I understand you wanting everything to flow and match perfectly...I am a perfectionist, and it would bother me if the colors weren't the same.  But your guests I don't think will notice much, if the colors are in the same "family"  I think you should be ok.
  • Options
    The best thing would be for you to ask Staples what formats they are able to use. No one can really make a suggestion because we don't know what their computers can support. Call them and ask what extentions they have and then you can get a better idea of what format to use.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards