Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

WR: I need some good engagement gift suggestions...

I'm looking for something more creative than your standard toasting flutes, bottle of wine, picture frame ideas.Recently, my e-gift of choice has been a personalized Christmas tree skirt with the couple's married last name on it.  This won't work for the upcoming e-party though, as the bride is Jewish.  My other thought is a framed print or watercolor of where they got engaged.  I'm not really loving any of the photography I have found of their engagement spot yet, and the only watercolor I have found is super-pricy even without the frame.I'd like to keep the gift under $75.Suggestions?
Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11

Re: WR: I need some good engagement gift suggestions...

• Options
    gift certificate to a good restaurant? that's my favorite gift ever, b/c I can never justify the expense, especially when saving for a wedding.
  • Options
    How about an outdoor personalized planter instead of the Christmas tree skirt? A friend got this at her b-shower recently and it was a big hit.
  • Options
    Resturant gift card with directions to enjoy a date night not talking wedding. This is my go to e gift
  • Options
    What about that thing that Jewish people put in their doorway?  I know all of my Jewish friends have one... Gift cards to Home Goods or home decor stores are also a good idea.
  • Options
    I am changing my answer. The dinner gc is brilliant.
  • Options
    No registry yet.  Dinner GC will be my fallback gift...I just feel like it is so lazy (but I know it's practical...and this friend is very practical).
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards