Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

nwr- wwyd

I have a friend, "K", who is a BM. I am always trying to be better friends with her, but feel she pushes me away. Shelives about 3 hours away from me, and I have been wanting to visit her sincce the end of July. We would  pick weekends and she would bail to see other friends.This Friday I am supposed to go visit her, though apparantly my MOH and mom are getting together to wrap favors for my shower next month. MOH didn't realize I was visitng K friday, so when K offered to drive a few hours to MOH's house to help out she didn't think anythign of it. My mom ended up telling me K was visitingf when I told my mom I was going oot this weekend to visit K. I feel like I should mention that K has always been jealous of how close MOH and I are and is always trying to push me and MOH apart...and I am a little miffed she is ditching me to hang with MOH. K lied to me about why she can no longer hang out. She said she has to work late?!Ugh, what would you do/feel/say?
BabyFruit Ticker < br > Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: nwr- wwyd

• Options
    Maybe she didn't want you to know she was helping put together your favors?
  • Options
    could she have thought helping out was supposed to be a surprise?  If you're concerned about them getting "too close" you could always caution MOH, tell her your concerns.
  • Options
    I'm guessing you are right that she just didn't want me to know... I just feel bad because MOH didn't ask for the help, K just offered. K lives a couple hours away from MOH so its not an easy trip. I was recently my MOH's, MOH (weird to write!) and K didn't help me with anything, even though I live close. I just feel bad that K tries to hard to be there for my MOH as a friend, and keeps bailing on me.
  • Options
    clearly, this is a suprise shower?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    no, its not a suprise shower
  • Options
    I suggest you offering to do something with your MOH & your BM since your BM feels left-out.It is crappy that she lied, though.
  • Options
    Ask your mom/MOH if they would mind if you showed up. Then go there and tell your friend you wanted to hang out with her. I would have a conversation with her - she lied to you. That doesn't sound like a very good friend to me. I'd be pretty pissed off, honestly. I don't handle liars very well, especially when they're supposedly friends of mine.
  • Options
    Why is she even in the wedding if she is such a flaky "friend"?
    Crosswalk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards