Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FI makes me smile

So I was just on the phone with FI, and I made him watch the "Pachelbel Rant" YouTube video that I posted here a little while ago. He thought it was great and had a good chuckle about it, because we've been talking a lot about the piece and its (over)use in weddings.A few minutes later, he said, "You know, I really do like that piece of music." I told him that I do too, but because of the fact that it's so overplayed, there's no way I'd be okay with us using it without being ironic somehow, and compared it to using the Corinthians reading. He then suggested that maybe we should walk down the aisle to "Hook" by Blues Traveler, because not only does it consciously use the exact same chords as Pachelbel's Canon, but it also is a comment on the whole process of creating a catchy pop tune using a hook to get people's attention.I think I am marrying the right guy.
imageimage
Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?

Re: FI makes me smile

• Options
    I love that song!
  • Options
    I'm going to agree with you because I didn't follow anything you just wrote.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I know, I make everything into a term paper.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Ditto fische, but I love that song too!
  • Options
    OK, sorry this was cryptic. If you look at the post I posted a few down called "Pachelbel Rant", there is a YouTube video that started this whole thing."Hook" is based on the same chords as Pachelbel's Canon, to the point that if you're listening to it, you can sing the Canon melody along with the chords you hear, and it will work. Also, if you listen to the lyrics, the song is about the artifice of pop songs and the fact that the lyrics don't matter as long as you have a catchy tune (or "hook") that makes people interested.So FI suggesting it for our recessional totally fits into everything I've been thinking about the Canon, which makes me happy because it means he really gets me.Is that better?
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards