New York-New York City

Affordable hotels in October?

I don't think there IS such a thing, especially for a Friday AND Saturday night (8th and 9th).  We're even looking at smaller B&B type places but it's so expensive.  Plus we need 3 rooms, one for us, and one each for the teen girls and teen boys (ours!) 

This is stressing me the most out of everything! Any suggestions? 

Re: Affordable hotels in October?

• edited December 2011
    Couple of questions - Are you only looking in Manhattan, or is Brooklyn OK?  Also, what would be an OK room rate range?
  • edited December 2011
    No..we're doing a weekend thing, so in and out of Brooklyn several times in one weekend is too much to ask of the out of towners, I think.

I guess I'd like to keep it under 300 per room if possible.  Thaniks!
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The New Yorker gave me a rate of 245/night for that same weekend. Where is your wedding?

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at The Alger House in the West Village.  And you?
  • edited December 2011
    If your events are on the west side, there are a lot of reasonably priced hotels in Chelsea, including the Chelsea Hotel, the SHeraton in Chelsea, and Chelsea Savoy.  There are also some well-priced hotels down at the seaport, which shouldn't be too far..,  like the Hampton Inn and the Best Western Seaport.

If you're looking for blocks, definitely tell them the lowest rate you've found for their hotel or comparable around them on orbitz/hotwire/etc., and get them to come down.  I got my hotel down $20/night doing this.
  • edited December 2011
    try the courtyard marriott midtown.  we got a rate under 200 with them for may.
    Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards