Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Creeping

I was creeping over on the bump.  Do people actually do attachment parenting?  It seems like a marriage ruining practice to me.  So weird.
my read shelf:
Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale

Re: Creeping

• Options
    I was just looking at that too.  It doesn't seem beneficial (for mom, baby, or dad) to me at all.  Crazy.
  • Options
    It's fuucked up.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    What is the logic?  If I'm sleeping I can just let it attach to my boob and keep sleeping?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    My friend was all about that (and cloth diapering) for a few months.  They NEVER let her cry it out, and consequently they were exhausted all the time. She said that she realized that they needed to stop because she almost got into an awful car accident on her way to work one morning.Seriously, if a kid is dry, recently fed, doesn't have a fever and is crying when you put them to bed, they'll be okay.  They just don't want to go to bed!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    what is that?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    The baby sleeps in the bed with the parents.  In some cases, they do it until 4 years old!
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    I can't wait to sleep with a baby every single night. DH is going to sleep on the couch now that he gave me what I wanted.
  • Options
    Our cat sleeps with us.  It makes it really difficult to do the nasty.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Here's what wikipedia says:Many attachment parents also choose to live a natural family living (NFL) lifestyle, such as natural childbirth, home birth, stay-at-home parenting, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling, unschooling, the anti-circumcision movement, natural health, cooperative movements, naturism and support of organic and local foods.What is unschooling?
  • Options
    It looks like froofy parenting.  Grades are too mean to my baby!
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Gah, no thanks! My kids will be in their own rooms. No sleeping with us allowed, unless sick or scared on occasion.
  • Options
    OMG, I was kidding about making DH sleep on the couch, but it actually happens, there's a whole post about it!
  • Options
    Ac - I don't doubt it. Some parents are nuts. I do know that in many cultures, it is the norm though.
  • Options
    No thanks. I've already been in a sexless marriage (well, nearly so) and there's no way I'm going to let that happen again.
  • Options
    I lurked on that board once.  I was like I was reading a foreign language.  I just couldn't understand it.  And the whole idea seems asinine to me anyway.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Do you think the kids eat without the parents knowing?  Just have a midnight snack of mom?
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    There's a post on the Trouble in Paradise board on the Nest about a girl and her 'exclusively co-sleeping' infant.  She's complaining about her non-existent relationship with her DH after just one year of marriage.  Well, Duh, girl - get the baby out of your bed and out of your room and pay attention to your husband!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Those people freak me out. We'll have a bassinet in our room for the first few weeks, but there's no way in hell I'm putting a baby in the bed with us every night. I've accidentally kicked my cat off the bed before, and something tells me the baby won't have similar reflexes. Plus, there's the whole sexy time thing. How exactly is that supposed to work?
  • Options
    un-schooling is where you don't send the kid to traditional school or homeschool, but instead choose life lessons and experiences to teach the child.yeah...I can understand certain aspects of attachment parenting, but overall, it's an incredibly difficult way to raise to child in this day and age, esp. if you work. Pretty unrealistic. People think that they can raise perfect super-babies by doing x, y, and z but in the end they're gonna cry, be a brat, fuss, get sick and be a pissy teenager eventually.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards