Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Did/will you MOH give a speech?

That is all, Thank you :)  Happy Saturday!!

Re: Did/will you MOH give a speech?

• Options
    My sister was my MOH and yes she did one but I didnt ask her to she wanted to do it if she didnt want to I wouldve been fine with it
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    She will if she wants to, I am not forcing her, she is kind of shy and I don't want her to be uncomfortable.
  • Options
    No speeches for us.  That sort of thing is too formal for my taste.
  • Options
    My sister/MOH is pretty shy and antisocial, so we'll have to see how it goes.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    My sister is my MOH and I kinda don't want her to give a speech.  The best man said he might and if he does, it might be this "Shane is great, beer is good, and Tiffany is lazy", which I think would be great.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't have any speeches.  My MOH hates public speaking (ironically, she is a teacher - I guess it's not quite as intimidating when your audience is a room of second graders).My brother was the best man (he and my husband are best friends) and he is terrible at speeches.  So we just eliminated them all together.
  • Options
    Not sure, but to be honest, I hope not. Those kinds of things embarrass the hell out of me.
  • Options
    I think she will but we haven't actually talked to anyone about speeches except one BM who told me she's giving one. Am I supposed to talk to people beforehand about whether or not their giving a speech? If so, I better do that real quick.
  • Options
    No. We're having my mom and his dad give a speech instead.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    Yes mine did, but it was her idea.
  • Options
    If they (my sisters) want to, then they can
  • Options
    I am MOH in my brother and FSIL wedding and will be giving a speech (becasue I want to) FSIL's sister is the other MOH and will not be giving a speech. My sister is my MOH and will be giving a speech. Our best man is planning on it too. I am not making anyone becuase speeches always make me cry. Even if I am not that close with the bride and groom! I am a sap!
  • Options
    Yep, both our MOH and BM gave speeches.  We asked them to make sure they were okay with it.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Actually, I asked one of my bridesmaids to do it instead at my first wedding. My sister was MOH and also the officiant (along with the best man). My ex- and I wrote the ceremony, but there was plenty of room in there for her to personalize too, which she did. So instead of asking her to speak again, I asked a bridesmaid who I knew was comfortable with public speaking. (The ex- decided to ask the best man to do a toast even though he was already speaking during the ceremony.)
  • Options
    yes she did.so did the best manso did my father.
  • Options
    I didn't ask anyone to do speeches, but my MOH did- just very short, but she teared up during it and it was just so sweet.
  • Options
    Mine just told me the other day she is already writing her speech. I didn't ask, it is something she is looking forward to.
  • Options
    I think it is totally your or your MOH's choice if she wants too. I would like mine too and I think she might since she is my FI's sis and she is pretty outgoing but I haven't talked to her about it yet.
  • Options
    Mine did and I cried.
  • Options
    Yep she did. At first I was worried because the moh/bm were both related to dh (bil and sister) so I though the speeches were mostly going to be about him. Kim made an awesome speech about the first time she and I met, how she was so happy we were going to be sisters, etc. Then she summed it up by going "To everyone who doesn't know kristi and loves scott, let it be known that kristi is amazing and is the best thing that ever happened to him. And everyone who doesn't know scott and loves kristi, know that scott would do anything in the world to make her happy."Yeah...I didn't cry at the actual toast, but driving home from the honeymoon I thought about the speech and just started bawling lol.
  • Options
    I think mine will, but more importantly, if you do or don't want one or even if you don't care either way, let it be known. I spent 3 weeks preparing a MOH speech and about 5 minutes before the BM and FOB speech I was told mine would be cut. That sucked-bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards