Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Postcard RSVP's taking forever in the mail???

Does anyone know anything about this or how long an average postcard takes to arrive at its destination???  It is about a week after my RSVP date and I just started contacting people and they are telling me that put them in the mail a few weeks ago?!!!! What?! I received many of them perfectly fine.  This could be an issue....

Re: Postcard RSVP's taking forever in the mail???

• Options
    We used the postcard RSVPs-  They got a little torn in the mail, and one didn't make it back, but that's only one out of 100 or so that people actually sent back.  We got some back 2 days after sending the invites out, so they shouldn't take longer than usual.  When your date passes, just call people, they will understand if something got lost in the mail.
  • Options
    Just treat them as if they weren't set back to you at all and continue to make calls for RSVPs.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    We ued post cards too and got them all just fine. We had a few people tell us they mailed them- only to find them in their house or car a few days later and call to say they were sorry! The only issue we had was a few of them got a little tattered- but no issues with not getting them.
  • Options
    Ok- I was just curious.  I received most of them back just fine, but I am starting to wonder.  maybe all of the late slackers are just fibbing because they feel bad.  Thanks!
  • Options
    I think it mostly depends on what postage you used. If you used regular, first class postage stamps (.44 cents), then they should arrive in 1-5 days, depending on the area. But if you used the lower bulk rate for postcards it can take up to 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Why would it take longer if you use the postcard stamps that are made for postcards???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards