Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

**mag920**

I have an interview tomorrow morning for a position in law school admissions.  Any tips (since I know you're in that general field)? Also...happy birthday!
two years!
after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
Pregnancy Ticker
Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart

Re: **mag920**

• Options
    So I'm a dork who reads other people's pages, but I actually worked for 6 months in law school admissions as well after I graduated so I'm jumping in.I'm not sure if my advice would be very helpful because the person I interviewed with was a law school dean that I already knew....but emphasize your people skills.  For me, that is what the job came down to.  I had a recruiting/admissions counselor position, and in the fall a big part of the job was traveling to law school fairs and answering questions, and when I was at home, meeting one on one with prospective students, giving tours, etc.  Also, emphasize how much your background (having gone to law school) will help you in representing the school to other people, because that is really true.  I think having been through the process yourself really helps you be good at helping others through it.I absolutely loved the time I spent in law school admissions, and if they'd had the budget to keep me on longer I would have done it, no questions asked.  Good luck, and let me know if you have any other questions!
  • Options
    Oh, cool, I didn't know you did that!  I feel like I'm at a slight disadvantage because it's not MY law school.  But, I have experience working in higher ed administration (in undergrad I worked really closely with university big-shots), and I do have the whole "I went to law school" thing going on.  Fingers are crossed, I'm just a little nervous because I don't have any direct admissions experience, you know?
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think that will help - definitely play those things up.Good luck, and let me know how it goes tomorrow!
  • Options
    ::jumps in to say good luck!::
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    Thanks!  Will do!
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    GL Brie!
  • Options
    Thanks, guys!  I'm nervous...but it's the first interview I've had in a looong time, so it's definitely better than nothing.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards