Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

last night's blog thread

just disgusted me beyond words.that chick is nuts.i am all for saving money.  more in the sense that i check out flyers for which grocery store has the best sales to cater what we eat/like to eat/will be eating that week. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
"This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
Miss
Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
being healthy. blog.

Re: last night's blog thread

• Options
    I was reading more of it this morning. The two big things that bother me are the lack of dental care for the kids and the fact that they use money they get as a tax return for being low income with kids for tithing. That's not what that money is intended for.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    What?  Tithing is 10% of your income BEFORE you spend anything else. 
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    What is tithing?
  • Options
    OMG she uses their tax money to give to a fukcing church instead of getting her family out of that p!ss poor situation? I guess she has never heard of plaque buildup?
  • Options
    There is a HUGE difference between living humbly and what they're doing.

• Options
    Nebb, giving a percentage of what you earn back to the church. The Bible says that one should share their wealth with God or something like that.
  • Options
    Tithing is giving money to your church. It's traditionally supposed to be 10% off the top as Mrs. B said. And they claim to not use government assistance. Um, they're given that credit because they're below a certain income level, so that is assistance. It's awarded based on number of children, meaning it's meant to be used for the children's welfare.
  • Options
    I'm all about being frugal, like buying stuff at Sam's Club, watching flyers for specials, or going to Farmer's markets but that blog was ridiculous. I would never jeopardize my family's health to say I saved xxx amount of cents.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    And.....we're helping her earn some income by reading the darn thing thru adsense

• Options
    off subject but go check out the WP board: lesbian themed party

• Options
    Hmm, guess I need to go back and read the rest of the thread.  I got distracted by the recipe for Moose Jelly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Did you guys see the post inwhich she said they turned down $400 in food stamps a month? That is not including WIC! They are crazy! I am frugal, but this bittch is crazy!
  • Options
    Yep.woooosh!

• Options
    The lesbian theme made me scratch my head.
  • Options
    Oh man, what an idiot. That's all I have to say about that.
  • Options
    Yeah, the lesbian thing is just a really stupid idea. I just don't get her friend saying that if she weren't with her FI, she'd be a lesbian. IMO she may have some things to work out before she gets married if that's the way she feels.
  • Options
    I just broke down and posted on the lesbian theme b-party.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    Alison - I love your blog title :-)

• Options
    So I take it none of you will be making placenta pasta for dinner after childbirth?
  • Options
    I just want to point out that the money she spends on internet for a year very well could pay for one dental visit for one of her kids.  Even if each one only goes every other year, it's way better than never at all.  What's going to happen when they get a cavity, chip a tooth, need their wisdom teeth out?!  Quit the blogging lady, and get your priorities straight.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    So I take it none of you will be making placenta pasta for dinner after childbirth? Look.  I'm kind of a granola myself.  I'm supportive of home births and natural family planning AND I'm pretty frugal.  But I draw the line at eating placenta, no matter how organic and cheap it is because I grew it myself. :-/

• Options
    Isn't the placenta supposed to help prevent postpartum depression and all sorts of other things if you eat it? (I literally shuddered just writing that question out)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    You've been quoted Mrs.B.  That was excellent!
  • Options
    WTF is a girl power song? A$$hat!
  • Options
    score!

• Options
    Hair dye is another way women alter their appearance. Many women dye to hide the gray. This seems perfectly acceptable under the pretense of fighting the consequences of sin.I don't get it. I also don't get this from her other blog:A marriage is an intimate union of two perpetual sinners. The closer you draw together, the more painful that sin becomes, for both of you. buh??
  • Options
    thanks Mrs.B!

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    and? I almost threw up at "placenta is just meat."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards