Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

F*ck you scale!!!

So I stayed off the scale for the last two weeks since I started my gym routine 2 weeks ago.  Got on there this morning and it said I GAINED 4 pounds.  I thought it was messed up and told Noodle to weigh himself before he left for work and call me with the number.  He just did and he weighs about the same as he did last time he checked, on Friday. Exercise.  Nugget's doing it wrong.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

Re: F*ck you scale!!!

• Options
    Drink more waters and eff the scale.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Have you been measuring inches?  Sometimes that is more telling than what is on the scale.
  • Options
    You're building muscle, duh!
  • Options
    I think it's normal to gain a little weight when you first start exercising. You're gaining muscle.
  • Options
    You're still getting benefit from exercising, don't worry. If you're period's due, that will affect things. Also, make sure you're doing both cardio and weights. You may need to start watching food portions. Finally, you're probably converting fat to muscle, so even if you haven't lost weight, you're probably smaller. Don't give up!!
  • Options
    I don't measure inches because I'm always afraid I'm doing it wrong.  Like, not measuring in exactly the same area.  Maybe I should start doing that though.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    Thats why I use the scale that measures fat% and water.  Mucle weighs more, so as long as the fat # is going down, I don't worry about the lbs going up...too much;-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    How do your clothes feel? I don't need my effing scale to tell me that I gained weight last week while on vacation.
  • Options
    That happens to me after I start exercising again after a break.  I think it's pretty common, and I wouldn't worry about it.  Again, measurements are a better standard.  If you don't measure, at least pay attention to how your clothes fit.  As long as they aren't getting tighter, you're good!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    My clothes feel the same to me.  See, that's the problem, it is extremely hard for me to notice weight loss.  I wear pretty loose clothing so even if I do lose weight, it's not like the pants are suddenly even more loose.  Same with bras - I don't know if my bra is getting too big because I've lost weight, or because it's getting stretched out.

• Options
    Don't be discouraged!  Your body is just getting used to the routine.  Try again in another two weeks - or just smash the scale and tell it to STFU! 
  • Options
    The Wii fit makes me feel bad about myself.
  • Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat.  There's a good chance you will go up in weight for a little while after starting your routine.  Use other indicators to determine your progress.  How do you feel?  What are your energy levels?  How are your pants fitting?  Body measurements are a more accurate indicator than the scale.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    AC, I just noticed you censored your siggy!  Haha, was it because it freaked out dani? 
  • Options
    Yeah, it's not cool to freak out mods :)
  • Options
    Keep a measuring tape in your gym bag.  Ask one of the gym employees or one of your class instructors to measure you once a month and keep a journal.  It's impossible to measure yourself.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Also, it's ony 2 weeks since you started. Developing exercise habits is the most important thing right now.Unless I'm running, exercise alone won't make me lose weight (but then again, my weight oscillates between the high side of normal and the low side of normal). But it will make my body look and feel better. Diet is a pretty crucial component as well, but you don't have to worry about that yet if you don't want to.
  • Options
    I am trying to keep my diet good.  It's definately not where it should be in regards to what I eat, but I'm counting calories at least.

• Options
    That's exactly why I don't own a scale. I'd get obsessive with it, and numbers fluctuate so much anyway. I go by how I feel and how my clothes fit. I hate the Wii Fit, too. At first I loved it, but I was tired of the smart-ass saying "You weigh XXX lbs. That's OVERWEIGHT!" It did teach me correct form on pushups, though, so I guess that's something.
  • Options
    I had the same problem when I started running 4 times a week. I don't know if you're already doing this, but try to up your protein with things like almonds and peanut butter in moderation. Your body might be in shock. After the first two weeks of shock, I started to lose about 2-4 pounds a week, but that's with diet and a freakish running schedule.
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • Options
    i can almost guarantee the fluctuation is due to water.  you can easily jump 5 pounds in a matter of days due to water retention/loss.   yes, you gain muscle when you work out, but it takes quote a bit of work to even gain a pound of muscle... so 4 pounds of muscle in a couple weeks is pretty unlikely (especially if you are simultaneously losing fat).  if you're working out and eating well and gained 4 pounds, write it off as water weight.  measuring inches is generally a better way of keeping track of what's going on (and even though i know this, i'm a scale nazi too).   just keep on keeping on, and know that in time, you'll see results.  in the meantime, it's perfectly acceptable to curse the scale, throw it, flip it off, etc.   :)
  • Options
    Don't feel bad, Nugg. Four lbs is probably water and muscle.I went to my first fitting on Friday, and my dress won't do up - like we're talking 4 inch gap at the back. Talk about a FAIL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Did you weigh yourself on the same day at the same time?  It could be something as simple as that.  Or if your diet and/or water intake weren't the same on the two days you weighed yourself.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about it either!! Muscle weighs more then fat. I feel the same way--semi depressed. I have worked so hard over the past month and you wouldn't know it according to the scale. I also do Wii Fit, and although it makes me want to dive into a bowl of ice cream because no matter what I do, it says I am overweight, I still love it and will continue to do that and work out. My FI loved me when I weighed 15 pounds heavier, he will love me if I gain a pound or 2 until the wedding.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards