New York-New York City
Options

Nail Color

What are you guys doing for nail color for the day of the wedding? Everyone says I should do French/light colors but I really want to go with a nice red.

Re: Nail Color

• Options
    cmsavicmsavi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're doing a light color I suggest "Starter Wife" by essie - cheeky and beautiful

For reds you want to make sure you get it done at least once before the wedding and remember the exact shade because reds can flatter or be a mega clash. Identify if you want a blue-based red or an orange-based red. Blue-bases are usually more flattering.
  • Options
    MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did the traditional french manicure.  But red is cute if your wedding is a littel edgier than most others!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not doing French per se, but a light color, as my affair is a bit on the more formal side.  If you have time, do your nails in both and see what you like with your dress.
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm still undecided.  Part of me thinks I should do french but I keep my nails very short so I don't want to grow them longer.  My usual favorites are hi maintanence, rock candy, & like linen so I may pick one of them since they are very natural then do french pedi.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i've seen red in pics and it looks fabulous, especially if your wedding is a little edgier, less traditional as mrs kocal said above.  i love the look of a black liquid eyeliner/birdcage veiled/red manicured bride.

my dress is champagne and our colours are purple so red would clash a little too much.  i'm going french on my nails and a little more exciting on the toes.  probably a deep purple or plum.
    Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm currently wearing Starter Bride (got a mani during a bachelorette party on Saturday). It is kind of pale and sort of hard to notice that you're wearing anything, so I'd go with something one or two steps pinker. Some of the Essie colors in that family are great, though, because you can do two layers of the pink and not even need the "real" French manicure because it naturally looks like one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want red, GO RED! Tots!
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking about going red too. I really like "Vodka and Cavier" by O.P.I.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards