New York-New York City
Options

HELP---where can we take wedding photos

Good morning knotties,

My wedding is next Saturday (July 31st)  and I don't know where to take wedding photos.   Originally I was going to take them at the Cloisers in Washington Heights, but thats where I took my engagement photos.  My church is in Times Square and the Reception is in the Bronx in the Throggs Neck area.  Any suggestions?  I appreciate any help.
Thanks

Re: HELP---where can we take wedding photos

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never been, but it looks nice: Wave Hill
    http://www.wavehill.org/home/

or the New York Botanical Garden
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Times Sq itself would lend itself to so many cool photos - a good photographer will be able to weave you in and out of pedestrian traffic to get some nice shots.  Then since you have to go up to the Bronx, I'd drive along the west side and find a few spots for photos.  The Cloisters is pretty big, unless you took so many photos in other areas, I'd still consider that a spot, or at least the nice, grassy areas leading up to it.

You could also drive along the east side and take a few pictures off the FDR Drive.  You should also try talking to your photographer; when deciding things, my photographer was knowledgable of the area and also matters that make for good photos, and he was able to suggest lots of things I hadn't considered.
  • Options
    Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grand Central?  I think you need a permit, but you could take some gorgeous photos in there.
  • Options
    vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lincoln center
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did photos at Bryant Park, Times Square and Lincoln Center which would all be convenient for you (lots of pics in my bio).  Our Times Square shots are some of my fav.  I also LOVE photos in Grand Central (we did some of our engagement photos there).  I also second the suggestion to talk to your photog. 
  • Options
    44lobster44lobster member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be taking my pics at the Bartow-Pell mansion by Pelham Bay Park.  http://www.bartowpellmansionmuseum.org/tour/garden.php.  Its $100 to rent the site for outdoor photos and $200 if you want to take pics both indoors and outdoors
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Van Courtlandt Park,  Pelham Bay Park, There's another park right by the Whitestone bridge.  I can't remember the name of it.  You can get some cool photos with the bridge in the background.

What venue are you using for your reception if  you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tosca Marquee
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_can-wedding-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:22d1680d-7be2-4b20-ba45-2f7f3253cc3cPost:da5f944e-0404-4bb9-9967-7fdaee9812e1">Re: HELP---where can we take wedding photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tosca Marquee
    Posted by vilma&jonathan[/QUOTE]
    Me too.  I hope you come back with a review.<div>Oh and the park I was talking about earlier is named Ferry point park.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Will do.  My wedding is next week and I will definitely post my review when I get from my honeymoon.  Thanks for the park info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards