Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Who's up?

Re: Who's up?

• Options
    I'm here.  What time is it there?  I was OK on the times but then DST came in and WA voted against it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hit post too soon... so now I'm all confused over time zones again.
  • Options
    Just gone midnight. I'm a real night owl. Yeah timezones fuzz with my head too
  • Options
    It's just past 7 here.  I'm a night owl too, which is great becuae H is 6 (or maybe 7) hrs behind me. 
  • Options
    FI is an early to sleep, early to rise kinda guy. 5 years in hospitality had given me a crazy body clock! Where abouts in your H?
  • Options
    I just got up to start my day! If you're trying to figure out time zones, the time stamp on the posts corresponds to USA Central Time, so it's 6:12 in Chicago right now and 7:12 on the East Coast where I am.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    I'm up. I've been up for 15 minutes now but have yet to convince myself to actually get up.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Right now he's in France.  I just can't wait until I can join him!
  • Options
    Morning Sarah, Morning Whit! i have the US time zones down pat, but down here some fo the country goes to DST some doesn't.  And NZ is completely different again.
  • Options
    aMrs, its crazy how some of the states have it and some don't. I think it should be one rule for all of them
  • Options
    It's funny, y'all, I was just talking to scoetto about the confusingness of time zones yesterday when I was watching that Diesel sale. I think time zones are so dumb!
  • Options
    So whats everyone doing today? Anything exciting going on?
  • Options
    Whit, agreed! It means my parents get angry with me when I call them at odd hours coz I forget about DST etc
  • Options
    But Whit, at least the whole country does it.  Imagine the mess if only 25 of the states changed. 
  • Options
    FI and I are only one time zone apart, but the other night we were talking on the webcam and I noticed that there was light in his windows while it was pitch black in mine. That was kinda interesting.Today is busy for me but not particularly exciting... I'll be going to class in a bit, where I'm one of the discussion leaders for the book we read this week, and then I'll be coming back to my apartment to clean for my mom's visit Sunday night. Then, I go back to school for a lecture before I drive two hours to go to my parents' house. Wish I could just lounge around all day....
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    I'm up! Somehow I went to bed last night at 6pm :( and woke up at 4am, but on the positive side FI is going to the store to get me breakfast :D
  • Options
    mrsdawes, where do I get an FI like yours?
  • Options
    World of Warcraft - that's where I found mine :P Geeks make great boyfriends/fiances/husbands :D Although I do accuse him of keeping me fat, he just brought me some boston cream donuts - they are my weakness
  • Options
    Ha that's true :) Nothing exciting at all, another day of tutoring. I absolutely hate going, but it's a requirement of my student teaching. I have absolutely no children to tutor in the mornings, but that still doesn't exempt me from having to be there at 7:30. Then I sit there from 7:30-11:30, then in come the hoodlums from 11:30-2:30. 33 low level learners with various behavioral issues, ranging from 3rd to 5th grade. It sucks.
  • Options
    Oh I'm up, all right. I just need to get through the morning, then it's smooth sailing until the weekend. I can do it, right? RIGHT?!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Mrsdawes, my FI is a geek and I don't get that, what gives!? Lol he got me frozen coke on the way home tonight, so things are looking up!
  • Options
    ahhh studying to be a teacher whit? you might find this amusing then [url]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1212601907690&ref=nf[/url]testing my ability to make things clicky..
  • Options
    Whit, Im studying to be a teacher too, what age are you hoping to teach?
  • Options
    OK, lets take a mini vote.  H's ex just emailed ME asking if we have any nice pics of the kids from the wedding.  No biggy, except this is the first time she has ever contacted me for any reason.  So, should she have sent this email to H, or do you think she is tryinng to play nice and starting out by asking me for something fairly siimple? I may be overthinking this, but I've only met her once and I've never had to deal with an ex-wife before, so this is new territory for me.
  • Options
    HAHAHA! Love it!! I want it! I shared it!Bubble, 3-6th is pretty ideal for me. No lower, and definitely no higher. Of course, in this economy, beggars can't be choosers :DaMrs, I see it as an olive branch.
  • Options
    Whit, I see it as an olive branch too.  But then that little cynical voice in my head is going "beware of greeks bearing gifts..." Either way, i won't contact her until I let H know about it, since he wasn't copied on the email.
  • Options
    Whit - I love working with the younger kids, 6-7 year olds (grade 1 and 2 I think), but I just finished a placement with 10 year olds (5th grade?) and while I didn't like the age group, I loved the material they worked with, the books and the art projects.aMrs- She probably thinks you are the more organised one and probabaly has the photos. I think it was nice she emailed you rather then your H, shows she wants open channels.
  • Options
    aMrs09 - I think it's an olive branch also.  You do not have to be friends with her, but a line of communication is a good idea, especially with your DH being so far away.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Oh and I agree be cautious.  She might be 'pawning' the kids off on you to 'punish' DH for being gone.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Night ladies, I'm off to bed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards